Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

shooting out the left with your right hand

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Rosie - pls watch your thread jacking on this (and other) threads please :). There is a time and place for mindless drivel and it aint here (unless it's weekends in SYB). Recently you've taken a few off comments and "ran with them". Please leave them lie next time, walk away, there is nothing to type (or link to) here...

As for this, if you think you're right go for it, hell worst thing that happens is you get shot out and then it's your own fault right?

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
i have an issue with this whole thing

on the right side of the bunker i have the reg in my left hand, and walk with my right, the air tank is at my right shoulder,

but wheni shoot out the left i cant aim for poo for some reason, so i still have my left hand on the reg, i walk with my right hand, the tank is on my left shoulder so everything switches sides i just dont switch hands, lets me walk equally fast on either side, and the profile is just about the same really, as theres no hand sticking out thats walking the trigger on that side as its comming from the inside,

but when i play more i will probably be end up having to switch hands aswell :/

HPUKer

Entity / Shootrtv
Jan 25, 2005
www.shootr.tv
www.andyb.tv
First up, apologies for the threadjack.

Back to the subject:

thats just a crap paintballer if he cant keep his profile down its nothing to do with the technique he's using.
It seems that the main focal point of the thread is on "playing tight", it is a very important part of the game, and, admittedly can be achieved by not using your left hand "properly".

However if we step away from this focus and look at other parts of the game you may see my point. I hope! ;)

But yeah, as Beaker has said, who are we to argue (sorry, discuss) this point. If you are comfortable using that technique use it, but it will be interesting if you will still be using it in a years time......

Ooooooo.... Mysterious...... ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Re: Pros using "wrong" technique and goobers deciding to use that as an excuse to not learn to do it right.

Most of the Pros who will use the off hand only do so in certain situations and Ralph was right. They do it and make it work because they know how and when and have reasons for making that choice. (I have one and I still don't like seeing it but I don't harrass him about it because it doesn't impact his play or get him shot more often. If it did it would stop. I should also say he's very good with either hand and can run & shoot with either hand brilliantly so for him it's an educated decision, not a lazy choice.) That isn't a good reason or excuse for the average player to avoid learning the best way to play and trust me, the best way the majority of the time is to practice enough to become equally adept with either hand and switch when circumstance requires.

There are, in fact, a few techniques and actions, that used to be specific no-no's that you now see all the time--like playing over the top--that very good players make work and less good players get shot doing.

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Baca Loco said:
Re: Pros using "wrong" technique and goobers deciding to use that as an excuse to not learn to do it right.

Most of the Pros who will use the off hand only do so in certain situations and Ralph was right. They do it and make it work because they know how and when and have reasons for making that choice. (I have one and I still don't like seeing it but I don't harrass him about it because it doesn't impact his play or get him shot more often. If it did it would stop. I should also say he's very good with either hand and can run & shoot with either hand brilliantly so for him it's an educated decision, not a lazy choice.)QUOTE]

my point exactly
The "proper" way to do something is the safest way for people with no confidence in thier own judgement.