Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shoreline Events - The lies and what we should do about it

Joe85

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Isn't the event 3 days so so I see £65 as a good price I mean that would £150 at walkon prices

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
You going to make one box of clear paint last three days??

If you only use one box per day you're going to pay how much? I would certainly use more than 3 boxes in three days I'm quite certain.

Last edited:

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
In still waiting for documents , I emailed requested them as instructed by Mr Shorline. I have yet to get the Info. In response to what people have said about other people trying to sell there tickets it just goes to show that not everyone was in agreement with the change of site as Mr Shoreline suggested. The new site charges £50 for a walkon and paint so how this is going to be "just as good" is beyond me. I will say again as I've said before this is not a slagging match against site owners. So all of you insinuating that it is need to stop posting your comments.
To be fair Holmbush Walk Ons are £45 including a Box Of Paint and generally operate on one field at a time (Bar special days such as Star Wars Themed walk on they had recently)
The TCUK will use most to all of the fields at one time or another, which is a much bigger field.
Not Sennybridge Standards but not exactly as small as a normal Walkon.
(I understand your point though - Just stating a couple of small facts that people may/may not of known) :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Joe, you come on here, tell me I'm unpleasant without even bothering to find out any of the details and then you expect to just carry on as normal ..... Life ain't like that I'm afraid Joe.
If I had judged someone unfairly, the least I could do was to apologise.

paulie

Aug 26, 2010
Guys i just want to point out that the main issue why i posted up was due to this new information that the MOD are suppose to give a vendor 6 weeks notice prior to cancelling an event, if so was this true an did shoreline in fact know about the venue not being available 3 weeks earlier than suggested or is it all just speculation and wrong information. If its true then shoreline has indirectly cost the lads the €600 with the ferry the could have gotton back as the extra 3 hours drive each way would have made their decision quite clear not to go and potentialy sell off their tickets to someone else.
Obviously there will be some people who have an issue with what im saying but for some over here its a 3 hour drive to the ferry, then a 6-7 hour ferry and then another 5 hour drive. Its a bit much to ask just to play on a paintball site.
Now robbo i dont know you, ive never met you so i cant give my honest opinion on your character, ive read the thread last year regarding you and barnett and there is no question you have an issue with him and/or his actions, personally i dont want to get involved ( or start up any old rivalry ). I have on the other hand met tim barnett at a senny bridge event in march 2 years ago. I did find him to be helpful and welcoming to us irish when we arrived and through the weekend. We even had one of our lads twist his ankle ( our mini bus driver as it happened ) and he accomodated us by letting our bus come up to hq when no other players vehicles were allowed. This is my personal experience with him, the event was brilliant and one of the best weekends of my life ( and worse in some cases with -11 tempatures).

If the information can be clarified for me i will happily delete my posts and apologise for anything negatitive i has posted up. This for me is not a he said / she said or a defamation of anyones character. as long as the truth comes out im happy.

Not many people on here will know me, i mainly sue the buy and sell section ( more sucessfully than any other paintball site i might ad ) but dusty knows me, from paintball and the irish paintball site, im pretty easy going about most things and generally try to keep the peace. Anyways thanks for reading

Reactions: Dusty and desponge

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
. The new site charges £50 for a walkon and paint so how this is going to be "just as good" is beyond me. .
A completely irrelevant comparison, a walkon is not a 3 day event with the costs a 3 day event has. Tickets for paintfest are £65 as well i see and i believe their normal price is £60 which includes a box of paint so does that mean the paintfest tickets is a rip off, no it doesn't because the bigger an event is the more costs it has to run in the first place.

Reactions: B1G G

paulie

Aug 26, 2010
Update guys

Ive received this morning in an email the confirmation that shoreline were not given six weeks notice about senny being booked by mod. As I have agreed not to show the official email from mod as I dont want to end up in jail or anything.
I just wanted to update and put this question to rest for our guys anyways

Also I did say I would apologise to anyone involved for any doubts portrayed so please accept this as my apology.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Now robbo i dont know you, ive never met you so i cant give my honest opinion on your character, ive read the thread last year regarding you and barnett and there is no question you have an issue with him and/or his actions, personally i dont want to get involved ( or start up any old rivalry ). I have on the other hand met tim barnett at a senny bridge event in march 2 years ago. I did find him to be helpful and welcoming to us irish when we arrived and through the weekend.
paulie - I'm pretty sure Hitler's milkman would have nice things to say about Adolf - get my drift?
You are a his customer/milkman, and as far as he can, he will try and be nice to you ...

Onto the rest of your post: firstly, it was a fair post inasmuch as you stated your case and what you would do if you were eventually proved wrong re Barnett's character.
Secondly, one thing here that seems to be pervasive in a lot of people including you is, you don't wanna get involved or judge anyone .. that's cool as far as it goes but for one thing, if someone was accused of a stealing money, would you trust them to look after any cash of yours?
You'd be a fool to, but of course, you'll claim barnett wasn't found guilty .. and that's correct he wasn't .. but the reason he wasn't is clouded in suspicion which leaves people with the balance of probability in terms of any blame.
You and others like you don't have to judge upon probabilities because it wasn't your money that wasn't accounted for when donating to the soldiers support plea.. if you had donated money to that plea, I doubt you would be claiming what you do now.

He managed to squirm out of that cr@p, cos a lot of extremely gullible people believed him, he managed to stall the presentation of those Mickey Mouse accounts until finally drafting them to present as 'evidence' of his innocence.
I'm not kiddin, they were a joke paulie ... a frikkin monkey coulda compiled that account presentation.
They literally stank of an ad-hoc contrivance.

In this situation, if he walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... xxxxxxxxx..... I'll let you fill in the blanks on that one ..
Point is Paulie, as soon as I demanded to see those accounts, all I head was 'quacking' from his side of the pond.

Why on earth do you think he hasn't sued me FFS, surely if someone was innocent of all charges then he woulda gone legal on me .. I've no doubt he will come out and suggest a reason for not suing, but it's bullsh!t ..pure utter bullsh!t

The reason he hasn't sued is because he would have to either falsify accounts prior to the date I demanded to see them or be held to account for not having them available... he painted himself into this corner, I just helped him along... but if you wanna believe different just because he holds an event, then rock on ... go and have fun!
But for some people in our industry, we're not buying it, not one iota ..
I will do whatever I can to clean our industry up from garbage like him, and I won't stop .. really will not stop - for players like yourself, you can cast aside any moral judgments and just go play .. I wish I could do the same but I can't .. and I won't ...

Oh, and one last thing Paulie ... it would be better if your could source that information otherwise it looks kinda unsubstantiated if you get my drift ..

Last edited:
Reactions: paulie

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Oh god, can we not just let this thread die? It's a like a festering boil on the skin of UK paintball. Everyone's read it, everyone knows the many and varied opposing viewpoints. Constantly regurgitating them isn't going to help anyone or lead to anyone changing their stance. It's just generating more ill feeling and division.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Oh god, can we not just let this thread die? It's a like a festering boil on the skin of UK paintball. Everyone's read it, everyone knows the many and varied opposing viewpoints. Constantly regurgitating them isn't going to help anyone or lead to anyone changing their stance. It's just generating more ill feeling and division.
The last post before yours was monday midday around 36hrs before you woke it up again, conspiracy i see.