Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Should assisted suicide be allowed in the UK?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
For terminal illnesses or those illnesses/circumstances where the affected feels they would have no quality of life. i.e. that young rugby player then it absolutely should be legal. It should however be regulated, i.e. board of doctors etc

We allow abortion and realistically its no different. Also politics and religion should not even be a part of the reasoning between whether or not its allowed because no politician may tell you what to do with your body and who is to say you believe in the God of those opposed to it.

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
I agree with it under the correct controlled surcumstances!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5950502.ece
is that not assisted suicide with out the child or even the family agreing to it? It seems that the NHS can decide when they can't be botherd to look after someone that thy can allow them to die even against the families will. But turn it the other way around and have the family/or themselves wanting to die in peace they are not granted their wish.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
I definately agree with assisted suicide.

My only issue is:

Imagine at 60 I am diagnosed with Huntingtons/Parkinsons/Alzheimers/Dementia.

Should I then be assesed early and be able to pass the decision of my assisted death to my family when the time comes?
Because by the time, that the time I've lost my mind body and soul and my quality of life is rubbish I probably won't be aware of it.
I don't want to ever be in that state, I don't want my family to remember me like that and I don't want to burden them for another 5 years untill I die naturally.
So should they be able to pull the plug if I signed a pre agreement that they could?

Very very tricky.

Paintball_Mad

Element
Apr 29, 2007
Dorset
I think it should be. Ultimately if I feel that I need to end my life because of my conditions/reasons I think I should have the right to do that. Everyone's choice is their own, we can't take that away from them.

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
I aggree with it, but as said before hand, it needs to be closely monitored :cool:

I definately agree with assisted suicide.

My only issue is:

Imagine at 60 I am diagnosed with Huntingtons/Parkinsons/Alzheimers/Dementia.

Very very tricky.
I thought you was going to cure Alzheimers anyway Kat :p :)

AL

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I got a cousin who can best be described as an Alpha male, he's a fighting man who takes no sh!t from anyone, has done more than his fair share of prison but is actually a decent man in terms of his moral set.

He once told me something that stuck with me, it may seem a little crude but it examples perfectly the point I will endeavour to make on this subject.

He was talking about a recent trip (for a relatively minor op) he had into hospital and he said to me, 'Pete, I saw some pretty horrible things when I was in hospital and let me tell ya something, if ever I am so ill, and the future is just as bleak, whereby some nurse has to come round to my bed and wipe my ass, then if I can't pull that fcuking plug, then get someone to pull it for me if you can't, I ain't fcuking living without my dignity'.

I knew exactly what he meant .....and agreed with every word !!!!!