Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Should assisted suicide be allowed in the UK?

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
I'd help you Bon.;)
I plan on being hit by an ambulance. You can push, Robbo can drive?

Robbo said:
I ain't fcuking living without my dignity
Very well said. Whilst people seem to think if they had Alzheimers they would like to end their life, I think thats a very bad thing. I have 2 family members with it, and they live fine, happy, both independent lives.

They remember day to day things, to wash, to make food, where the local shops are ect, but when it comes to recalling specifics, they might not be able to remember something you told them ~10 seconds ago.

I think things get bad, when it gets to the point they require 100% care to just live, which fortunately both my family members are no where near.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
I plan on being hit by an ambulance. You can push, Robbo can drive?

Very well said. Whilst people seem to think if they had Alzheimers they would like to end their life, I think thats a very bad thing. I have 2 family members with it, and they live fine, happy, both independent lives.

They remember day to day things, to wash, to make food, where the local shops are ect, but when it comes to recalling specifics, they might not be able to remember something you told them ~10 seconds ago.

I think things get bad, when it gets to the point they require 100% care to just live, which fortunately both my family members are no where near.
I'm sorry if I offended you at all, I didn't mean I'd like to die as soon as I was diagnosed! I only ment that once I was at the point that I wasn't mentally capable to make the decision myself I'd rather of signed something to allow someone else to do it for me rather than live the rest of my life with no quality of life. Well, at least have it as an option. Sorry about your family, I genuinely didn't mean to offend anyone.

Katx

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
I'm sorry if I offended you at all, I didn't mean I'd like to die as soon as I was diagnosed! I only ment that once I was at the point that I wasn't mentally capable to make the decision myself I'd rather of signed something to allow someone else to do it for me rather than live the rest of my life with no quality of life. Well, at least have it as an option. Sorry about your family, I genuinely didn't mean to offend anyone.

Katx

No offense taken at all, there is just a lot of misinformation regarding the whole condition, and many people can live untill they die with happy day to day lives.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
No offense taken at all, there is just a lot of misinformation regarding the whole condition, and many people can live untill they die with happy day to day lives.
Sorry to drag this on, I still don't think you get that I mean.

I do understand the condition, I havn't had a family member have it thankfully but I do understand it.

I was only using it as an example (not the only example see huntingtons etc) where in if I myself had a degenitory disease they may at some point ruin not only my quality of life but to some degree my familys then I would like to have a trusted member of my family be able to make some difficult decisions for me that by then I trust them to know I would not be able to make.

I fully understand that a lot of people can be happy to the day that they die, but some people can't, they get very upset and frustrated, can't femember how to dress, feed, bath, can't remember their childrens names. If that were me, then that would be my decision.

I relate this more to things such as Huntingtons, Alzheimers was merely another example of a degentiory disease.

Again, I hope I don't offend anyone.

Katx