The Home Of European Paintball

Should British Army upgrade?

Should we upgrade the rifle?

• Total voters

Vegard

Dec 5, 2002
Norway
Visit site
The hk416 is pop gun, same as the SA80, more reliable perhaps; but the caliber is lacking.
Hk417s on the other hand is a rifle I really enjoyed shooting, but that's more or less because I was trained using the 7.62 AG3 and not BB guns.

The Colt is hands-down the most reliable and easy to use AR, and the sensible option to choose, yank or not. I think our guys should go to M4 Carbines. A great all-round weapon with minimal recoil. The 556 will be what's used as that's the Nato round. You can hit what you';re aiming at with a 556 though, the 7.62 round has way too much recoil to get a second shot on target, and forget FA fire.
Most reliable? That must be why even Americans want it replaced by Hk416s..
With proper training the recoil and FA control is a breeze.

Last edited:

TheMarshall

Feb 24, 2013
Brighton
Wasn't there talk of them maybe going in favour of the F2000 due to it being resilient to harsh conditions and easier to maintain?

Even the yanks hate the M4

Chiped117

Contract Killer
Oct 24, 2007
Stoke-On-Trent
www.facebook.com
I've never heard of the F2000 ever being an option. The SF we're working with out here are already using demarcos and they will start filtering through para's then us (BRF) then through to the bottom later. Same with the side arm. They brought the Sig Saur in to replace the browning but the Sig was only supposed to be temperary. The glock will be coming in soon to replace the Sig

TheMarshall

Feb 24, 2013
Brighton
ive defiantly heard it, the possible takeovers (not for certain) obviously are the f2000 and the G36C
its because of its resilience to dust and mud, with current operations i think thats quite fitting.
G36C is left and right handed.
The glock and the sig are pretty similar? just maybe the glock being lighter and bigger capacity

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
F2000 aint going to happen. The Sa80's work fine, the susats are decent.

Also we're never going to move away from 556 while its a standard nato round and has been said, the primary aim is to maim not kill.

With all the other investments the MoD has been making recently in other equipment (from trident replacements to drones, cyber warfare research and infrastructure) and the state of our economy, why would they replace something that is basically, perfectly fit for purpose?

Last edited: