Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

should we have a cpl spl format league in the uk

W1llnorthernhero

RIP NHarmy
Aug 10, 2004
carlisle
Visit site
some of you may have read the ramping for uk masters 7 man thread in anouncements contacts and queries that has gone of course and started talking about if next season players would like to see one of the uk masters series being cpl/spl style games/rules

now i dont organise the event nor do i wish to tell the organisers how to do there job (which i think the angels do well)

i am simply wanting to know if the customer/player wants to see a tournament series that plays the same rules as the highest level tournaments in europe?

link to other thread http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=82643

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
hk

Damn right I would!!! More ball, less time waitin around, and if it costs a little bit more, I dont think it's a big deal!!

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
definately.

As Lovetone says though, its important to make sure its central if you're to ensure a good attendance and costs need to be kept down as much as possible, particularly owing to the increase in paint consumption of the format compared to 5 Man and 7 Man.

With regard to field layouts being "good", I don't think thats strictly necessary, if the event just uses the field plans from the next Millennium event then it avoids taking blame if the field plans are unpopular as it can say its just copied them from the Millennium, and more importantly it could help attract higher level teams to playing the series as a form of training.

It will also have the added bonus (hopefully) of making it easier for teams to make the transition to Millennium events as they will be used to playing that kind of paintball.

I think the majority of people will agree that this is the kind of step needed to advance the level of UK paintball...

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
if the pa ran to millenium rules this discussion would not be going on :D
Exaclty. I think this is the key point. The PA (as i understand it) is running Full Xball rules this season, right? How many teams are there in the UK who play full Xball in a major series tournament?

The PA is undoubtedly going to be good to play, but wont have the same impact in terms of developing teams and players to play in the Millennium series (which most UK teams choose over other series) as a UK domestic league with the same rules

W1llnorthernhero

RIP NHarmy
Aug 10, 2004
carlisle
Visit site
Exaclty. I think this is the key point. The PA (as i understand it) is running Full Xball rules this season, right? How many teams are there in the UK who play full Xball in a major series tournament?

The PA is undoubtedly going to be good to play, but wont have the same impact in terms of developing teams and players to play in the Millennium series (which most UK teams choose over other series) as a UK domestic league with the same rules
Again this is not a dig at any tournament organisers the PA will be awesome to play this year and im enjoying the masters aswell it is a simple discussion about if it is realistic to run a series that plays millenium rules

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
Again this is not a dig at any tournament organisers the PA will be awesome to play this year and im enjoying the masters aswell it is a simple discussion about if it is realistic to run a series that plays millenium rules
Yeah, I agree, and I was simply stating what I feel the benefits of a Millennium-based domestic tournament would be over a full Xball tournament :) Certainly not aiming to insult or denigrate any series or organisers :)