Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

should we have a cpl spl format league in the uk

Edwards

Jul 12, 2001
SoManc
Visit site
This is all hypothetical? i know and a massive wish list , but .....

Given that there are no leagues in the uk now that play the correct format that will come in to play next year , bearing in mind six of the larger teams are now playing this format now and have no where to actually play the correct CPL/SPL event

As iam sure you all know

Nexus
Shock
Kellys
Method
Tigers
Steelers
Disruption

These teams have no where to play at the moment , no hard ship i hear you all cry , but what happens IF which from what i have heard the IF will be a good chance of happening .So what do we do then , stick our heads in the sand and hope the evil people from europe just go away ?

For the people that remember the old home counties league ,this is where the best in contry knocked heads ,with the teams that thought they could play a little they had the chance to take some good teams on as well ,

I don’t know how this could work with the amount of investment needed to make it work , also there would need to be an overall winner on the day , as people would not play a locked league ,as we have seen that’s very hard to implement in the past .

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
ok maybe i am missing some thing but didn't we have the PRO TOUR what happened to that ? it was good to see the best UK teams playing in the UK regularly

if there were another " pro tour " would the top teams play it ?

it may be good as will said have 7 man replace next year with the new format,the thing is with change some one has to do it.and would you bet you living on it

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
some of you may have read the ramping for uk masters 7 man thread in anouncements contacts and queries that has gone of course and started talking about if next season players would like to see one of the uk masters series being cpl/spl style games/rules

now i dont organise the event nor do i wish to tell the organisers how to do there job (which i think the angels do well)

i am simply wanting to know if the customer/player wants to see a tournament series that plays the same rules as the highest level tournaments in europe?

link to other thread http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=82643

Yes, it would be good.

But that's not to say it should be at the expense of a different format and it must be done in a way to ensure that new blood can still easily come into the sport.

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
I've not read edwards' post yet, it bored me (well, if i read it, it might have).....but how many teams can afford spl/cpl paint-wise...I worry over the practicality of the PA being x-ball, plus, it would surely have to be carried by dartford or the masters to have any kinda organisation and/or team turnout. Maybe Edwards just said all this, but it sounds better coming from me. God i'm awesome.

Fi$h

ps, Bring back the Pro-Tour!! All is forgiven!!

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Yes we should.

It also shouldn't be another pro tour. The top six teams should play against each other but then the rest of the teams should play the same format.

Edit: perhaps this would be a good way for organisers to get together and work something out? nudge nudge...

$tephenGiles

U.K.Killers
Jul 29, 2005
Telford
Visit site
The Pro Tour fell on its face due to the organizer leaving the sport and no financial backing for it to carry on to year two I think.

As for the question:
if there were another " pro tour " would the top teams play it ?
Yes I think we all would, but it must be CPL/SPL format and millennium rules etc with maybe the next millennium field design to play on.

In all honesty the way The Millennium series is going with filtering the format down the divs, teams that are going to be playing the millennium this year or in the future whether that be div 1 or 2 are going to need to train/play this format more often. This in mind creates a big need for some kind of monthly mini Millennium tournament/series to happen over here. As Chris has shown there are 7 CPL/SPL teams in the UK which don’t have this format available to play each other on a regular basis is going to hurt us as time goes on. The only way we can get this experience is by training together at Dartford etc, so why not get everyone together somewhere central and put a competitive edge to it as mentioned by Lump something like the PRO TOUR but with more divs so other teams can come along and play and have a goal to work there way up to play the teams competing in CPL/SPL at millenniums each month.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Yes this year the PA is going full X-Ball, but guaranteed the PA will be fully aware of the way the Millennium is going and will already be considering revising the format for next year. This year is only a filler series for the PA with only 4 events, but next year the switch to the CPL format will be an easy one for them and with the possiblility of 8 events running next year, having 2 series running the same format is self defeating.

It's alright for you guys to be having these ideas, but there is a large element of risk involved in Wendy's case. Wendy was there when SPC lost the 7 man battle to the PA, why would she risk going up against them again when she is doing quite well enough as she stands.

By the way too much change at once is not good :cool:

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
Yes......but nothing has changed, guns cost the same, as does paint and entry.....without sounding like too much of an *******, organisers and paintball companys give not a flying fizzle for young ballers, or people with little money. The drawbacks of a capitalist society......if you want things to change, i'd go and find another Stalin, and bankroll him into power...ushering a new era of communism and cheap paintball. GO!

Fi$h