Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

should we have a cpl spl format league in the uk

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Who?

is it a waste of time to play the format you are going to be playing Competatively?
1. Well I assumed some of these teams still visit the US for the odd event, if not I assumed wrong

2. I thought it was the amount of constructive training you do that improves your game, not the amount of actual tournies you play. Were would your team be now if they had trained last year. If fact I am sure one of your own guys raised that question in a conversation on one of Robbo's threads

Edwards

Jul 12, 2001
SoManc
Visit site
Right ,

dont think i can answer all the questions but i will try and give some input as one off those teams that play said format .

Eric , with the greatest of respect X ball is not CPL/SPL i am not talking about going against the PA , the pa is doing X ball , but and it is a BIG but who else in Europe is doing an x ball league at European level .
i think wat stops a lot of the teams playing against each other is the simple fact there is no refs and no one organizing it .no more no less , build and they will come ....:)

Fish , i don't like your disrespect , it could cost u lifts ;)

mario , as always i agree 100% i don't think we want to reinvent the wheel here , what where saying is that change is upon us , lets be pro active rather than reactive ....but this is paintball , so we will talk **** for ever :)

andy dane , i agree with what your saying however , we are not talking about having a league with 30-40 teams playing CPL/spl format , it just wont work as you say, organizes are there for one reason only , to make money lets not bull **** , why else would they go though the pain of setting up the event .

Game , we are talking about next yr here not NOW ,as from next yr the format for MS will some type of CPL/spl format , (i think) so we are talking about the what ifs nothing else , 7 man will be dead , so whats the point

Edwards

Jul 12, 2001
SoManc
Visit site
1. Well I assumed some of these teams still visit the US for the odd event, if not I assumed wrong
2. I thought it was the amount of constructive training you do that improves your game, not the amount of actual tournies you play. Were would your team be now if they had trained last year. If fact I am sure one of your own guys raised that question in a conversation on one of Robbo's threads
Eric ,

Knowing Peter fairly well , i think he would be talking about playing small local events with no real competition , however if were talking about a league that will have some good teams and some teams that are trying to make it , there you have a breeding ground for some good honest games with refs there to implement any infractions , like the MS so no one can take the piss against the smaller teams :)

This is all hypothetical , so lets try and be civil

This aint aimed at you eric :):)

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
You know guys you may be surprised how often me and Wendy talk and something collectively in the future is not I believe abhorrent to either of us but no plans have ever been talked about.
The Millennium Series has changed tack several times over the last five years and they only dumped Xball because of the expense to the teams caused by the way the MS had to play the format.
The PA has looked and experienced all formats (and even tried some that are not in use) and believe if the format is done the way we have tested and planed it - nobody will have to worry about ridiculous costs per day again.
I expect most unsponsored team players will this season have a daily bill of £65.00 ish and that includes paint and entry and the team will have played about 35 games.
X-ball is not what the MS is going with but that does not mean it is the wrong format, indeed I am convinced players will love it.

Well hope so:)

Russ

Fi$h

FunKy-a$$ FleA Ba$$isT
Mar 20, 2003
So$co/Manc/Marseille
Visit site
it's all evolution. Every season, things are fine-tuned. But I think the fact remains that things WILL change, and the days of standard 5-man/7-man events will soon be going the way of the 10-man format, which, much the same conflicted the player base. Anyone gonna tell me getting rid of 10-man was a bad idea?

Ps, come on Chris, no disrespect, you just destroyed me in the insults this week and im clutching at straws ;)

Anyway, why am i posting, i swore a blood-oath never to do so again....i always get in trouble!

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
andy dane , i agree with what your saying however , we are not talking about having a league with 30-40 teams playing CPL/spl format , it just wont work as you say, organizes are there for one reason only , to make money lets not bull **** , why else would they go though the pain of setting up the event .
So do you see the ideal situation being that this CPL/SPL format is in addition to to the current formats? or replacing one/several of them? and if so, which would you rather see replaced? And how many teams (realistically) would you like to see in this league?

IMO, there is obviously a high demand for a 5man tournament as the turnout for the masters shows and no matter what people say about KOTH it is a brilliant way to get people into the sport at a fairly low cost and virtually no element of intimidation. So should it be the 7man that evolves into the millennium format? That way there could be the progression of KOTH - Masters main Divisions - Millennium style divs.

W1llnorthernhero

RIP NHarmy
Aug 10, 2004
carlisle
Visit site
i think leave the 5 man the way it is and have a spl/cpl style event in the place of the 7 man (if its acheiveable)

because as of next year the only major league running 7 man is the nppl which in all honesty no teams will be playing the whole thing

if the masters 7 man is playing millenium rules at the moment when the millenium changes to all spl why play millenium rules if you aint playing the format?

i agree the 5 man is great for teams to start up and play cheaply etc

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I think the way the PA is going means that the switch to run the cpl format is a minor change. Whereas it would certainly be a bigger format change for Wendy

Whether 7 man is a dead format worldwide or not it is still a good format to play and people like to play it.