Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

should we have a cpl spl format league in the uk

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
no offense eric but thats exactly what it should be! a bridge from beginner to the best the country has to offer.
But not all on one day
It would be a logistical nightmare for a large organisation never mind the small unit that is the UKM

If 1 league ever wants total control of uk ball then thats the way forward.
What do you suggest that Wendy takes over D7's, NSPL and the PA.
Where is she or anyone else going to get the money for that venture

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Russ, seeing as your obviously keeping an eye on things...

IF the MS continued to use the CPL/SPL format for the forseeable future and there was a demand for it, would you look into using their format? Would you also look into collaboration with other promoters?

Or do you believe that Xball will triumph through both of the other formats?

Merely a hypothetical question if you had complete control of the PA side of things, and using your own opinion.

I along with other like minded people just want what is best for the UK and to that end if the MS confirmed that the format in use (whatever it was) would be the only format for three to five years then I would be a fool not to offer the same and I would have no concerns in a unified multi organiser approach.

Other leagues already try and emulate the MS rulebook and by doing so without the quality of refereeing demanded by such a rulebook make it look a joke and I think it should be dumped at this point until the refs are there.

If another big player decided to compete with the MS by providing a alternative major European league (something I believe is on the cards at some point not to far in the future) everyone would want to jump on board and also demand that format is offered by the domestic events, what then?
I think the number of events in the UK need to be reduced drastically to allow the teams time and resources to take advantage of places like the Northern Quarter and Dartford.

It is collectively the players fault that they allow the destruction of the quality within our teams because too many of them play in numerous meaningless events for what! they achieve nothing and learn less.
I would suggest any team should commit to only one series of domestic paintball per season with a maximum of eight events, supplement that with a good training regime and we may be on the path to recovery as far as supplying quality teams to European tournaments.

As for Xball.... if God played that is the format he would chose alas I don't believe any event can ask a team to compete the way they have to using that format, the PA is doing over four dates what the MS or others would have to cram in a weekend add to that flights/hotels ect.....
Xball needs to be done in a closed league with the winner decided after many events to keep a check on the financial side of it.

Russ

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
My question to you is
Should the UKM 5man Div 1 teams get what they want at the expense of the rest of the league?
How is it at the expense of the rest of the league!
For the last 2 events we havent played on field 5 an im sure many other teams havent played on 1 of the fields throughout the day. So you cant say that losing a field an div will make a difference to the other 4 divs using the other 4 fields.
As for marshalls well you ask the marshalls that are there to do the event if they want to marshall top div field or one of the others. The top div gets paid a little more subsidised by an increase of say £10-20 entry for the top div teams that money goes straight to the marshalls as i dont beleive logistically after setting up the format it will cost any extra to run than a 5man div. You will get marshalls that would just prefer to marshall that field for the entertainmet they would get watching the games.

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
but thats what it would be if the masters 7 man was changed same pool of players /same marshalls/same league but without ruining the existing harmoney of the 5 man event

have to agree with eric when i first read it my main worry was the marshalls the top div would demand the best and moan like feck if they didnt get the best of everything how long would it be from

own field

followed by

own setup zone

best bunkers and setup

everyone else feeling like they are 2nd class

but if the 7 man was changed it would be possible to do everything people wanted but in more than one division
Thats called progress.
I know maybe we should forget the whole thing an go back to playing 10man or more in the woods with no staging area we just set up out of our cars using dive tanks to fill.
Lets not move the game forward lets just leave it like it is its perfect how it is nothing needs improved.

As for changing the 7man well personally 7man should be scrapped not really enough teams play it anymore i think and this would free up an extra weekend for training purposes in a very cramped paintball season of event after event.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I along with other like minded people just want what is best for the UK and to that end if the MS confirmed that the format in use (whatever it was) would be the only format for three to five years then I would be a fool not to offer the same and I would have no concerns in a unified multi organiser approach.

Other leagues already try and emulate the MS rulebook and by doing so without the quality of refereeing demanded by such a rulebook make it look a joke and I think it should be dumped at this point until the refs are there.

If another big player decided to compete with the MS by providing a alternative major European league (something I believe is on the cards at some point not to far in the future) everyone would want to jump on board and also demand that format is offered by the domestic events, what then?
I think the number of events in the UK need to be reduced drastically to allow the teams time and resources to take advantage of places like the Northern Quarter and Dartford.

It is collectively the players fault that they allow the destruction of the quality within our teams because too many of them play in numerous meaningless events for what! they achieve nothing and learn less.
I would suggest any team should commit to only one series of domestic paintball per season with a maximum of eight events, supplement that with a good training regime and we may be on the path to recovery as far as supplying quality teams to European tournaments.

As for Xball.... if God played that is the format he would chose alas I don't believe any event can ask a team to compete the way they have to using that format, the PA is doing over four dates what the MS or others would have to cram in a weekend add to that flights/hotels ect.....
Xball needs to be done in a closed league with the winner decided after many events to keep a check on the financial side of it.

Russ
Thanks Russ. :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
How is it at the expense of the rest of the league!
For the last 2 events we havent played on field 5 an im sure many other teams havent played on 1 of the fields throughout the day. So you cant say that losing a field an div will make a difference to the other 4 divs using the other 4 fields.
Agreed

As for marshalls well you ask the marshalls that are there to do the event if they want to marshall top div field or one of the others. The top div gets paid a little more subsidised by an increase of say £10-20 entry for the top div teams that money goes straight to the marshalls as i dont beleive logistically after setting up the format it will cost any extra to run than a 5man div. You will get marshalls that would just prefer to marshall that field for the entertainmet they would get watching the games.
My point is, that because we have division one teams playing a format that is harder to marshal, mainly due to the pace of the event and the "skills" of the teams, then Div 1 teams will insist that they get a.) the best marshals and they get the enhanced pay and b.) there are more marshals per field.
With the current state of marshals then that will have a deterimental effect on the standard of marshaling for the rest of the event. There is no way that 4/5 of the teams in the event will stand for inadequate marshaling, things are bad enough as it is. Remember what happened to another Series when the standard of the marshaling declined and nobody wanted to marshal the event.
Do not get me wrong the idea of running the a CPL/SPL league is in principle a good one but I disagree with running it at the same time as the standard tournament. Running it in place of the 7 man would actually keep the game fees relatively the same, allow more teams to play the event and still allow those teams to train the rest of the month.
You will also find that most marshals do it for the money not because they enjoy it

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
yes i agree with you there,but i was thinking more along the lines of replacing the 7 man with that format and holding it at the same event. so younger teams that may not atend the 7 cpl format would not get to see what the game can be like

AL_

Stealth Mode
Apr 24, 2005
North East, UK
I kinda got bored and didn't read the last few posts...

The only real problem I can see people bringing up is with a locked league and with only 'Div1' teams going on to play this format... (other problems are just people bickering)

Simple solution...

Every other Masters event just run an a one off OPEN CPL/SPL rules div/field... Problem solved.