Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

should we have a cpl spl format league in the uk

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Im seeing a pattern in this thread.

The teams at the top of the masters want it and so do the the players in teams which no longer play in the uk that much as its no benefit to them in their euro aspirations.

The lower div teams in the masters dont want it and seem to think its a bad idea. No offense guys but were not suggesting for you to do it and for some you may not reach the level to play it but you seem to want to shoot it down.:rolleyes:
That's a very presumptuous comment there Jasper, considering I can put out teams in every level in the masters and certainly have players who are Div 1 standard and would love to play the CPL format. What I want you to do as a one of the top players is consider the lower players when you come up with radical new ideas. Now I have noticed that you are in favour of the CPL league format replacing the 7 man, but you need to remember the initial idea spawned from a players wish to actually convert Div 1 of the 5 man to CPL, thus running 3 event styles at what is really a midsized event run by a small team of enthusiasts. That was not a viable solution to what is wanted and is guaranteed to upset the lower teams.
The format has to be introduced in a way that is beneficial to all parties including the UK Masters organisation. The only sensible solution is therefore to kill the 7 man and replace it with an Open CPL style league. My only issue with this is if the PA move to the same format.