Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shouldn't there be a test?

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Hi Missy,
I support free speech even if the topic appears dumb we do not have to read it. My opinion.
I don't mind the bad topics, they tend to die out of their own accord. I do get irked by retarded posts though. If you have to ask whether an industry-wide change in paintball calibre will mean your marker will need changes, then you shouldn't be in a forum dedicated to intelligent discussion. On the other hand, who are we to decide whose input is valid. I've heard good points made by retarded people, and retarded points made by intelligent people. There's the problem.

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
For sure, I'm all for free speech too Chuckwood, and no mistake.
I also like things to 'earn their rep'. If its a 'Brain-box', and decribed eloquently as a bespoke area of the forum for deeper, more considered conversation and opinion, then I believe it should live up to that title, or the title should be changed.

Now, if no-one agreed with me on this, I would still be content that I exercised my right to free speech and stated my opinion, just as you have.

ps. I would like to nominate chuckwood to take the test.
I already know that I post dumb posts thanks Missy! :D My point still stands though, free speech and we will have to agree to disagree!

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
The latter. A thread will fail if its dumb or the mods will delete it. Theres no need to form a "My god i'm more intelligent than you scummy plebs" group test. Its a paintball forum not an Ivy League debating club.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
The latter. A thread will fail if its dumb or the mods will delete it. Theres no need to form a "My god i'm more intelligent than you scummy plebs" group test. Its a paintball forum not an Ivy League debating club.
...and i think therein is missy's point. This is just a paintball forum, filled with us paintball dullards and yet here is a section with aspirations towards an Ivy League debating club.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
And yet you took care to correct your typo, which should get you in....

...and no-one called them scummy (except you)

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
One thing that is done on a another forum I'm on is that when you first post a thread only mods can see it, if they think its OK they open it for viewing to everyone, not sure how feasible it would be but just a suggestion.

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
I'm not saying that individuals shouldn't want to have intelligent talk on the forums, not at all. Its just the idea of a test where the "brainy ones" get to name and ban the dumbass... it just adds a bit of a negative vibe to the forum don't you think?

Or are you simply talking about exceptionally dumbass people? As in "Y duz ppl fink da wurld iz r0und, i red dis book dat said itz flat?"

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
So you said "brown noses" should not be aloud in,
but alot of you sould like you have your own head up ur arses, trying to put people down by banning them from fourm, and trying to make your selves sound smart.
no disrespect indended, just my opinion.