Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shouldn't there be a test?

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Why do people think because you can spell and write really well you’re intelligent?

I'm useless at both. Does that make me stupid?

If I asked you to change the brakes on your car could you do it?

If not does that make you stupid?

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Why do people think because you can spell and write really well you’re intelligent?

People who put more time and effort into making their posts readable can generally make their point clear and coherent. It's a generalisation, but it doesn't take five minutes to spell check a post - and people will be more likely to read and take in something that's well written.

Hell, if I'm writing a long and drawn out post, I'll write it in Word and paste it over.

It's more of a communication thing, nobody likes to translate. And putting a lot of thought into your post is kinda what the brain box is about.

(And no, I couldn't change anything on a car. I'm useless with tech stuff)
:p

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
We did initially keep tabs on the threads posted in here ,we may have been a little lax recently and some have slipped the net.

Some ideas for criteria .

Anyone who starts a sentence with "what we done" is banned from posting.

Anyone studying psychology is banned from posting

Anyone studying politics is banned from posting.

Anyone who may of been on Springer for the '92 episode 'Crackers Rappers and Pop Tarts' is...to be decided.
How about, anyone that can't notice a wind-up when they see one?

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Yea I do run everything through word but that’s not the point.

You just have to take a look at this thread and people correcting others to make them look stupid.

There just seems to be so may people on so many site in so many threads doing this.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
So you said "brown noses" should not be aloud in,
but alot of you sould like you have your own head up ur arses, trying to put people down by banning them from fourm, and trying to make your selves sound smart.
no disrespect indended, just my opinion.
Our own arses or Robbo's already crowded arse? There seems to be some confusion over which heads are in which arses lately...

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Yea I do run everything through word but that’s not the point.

You just have to take a look at this thread and people correcting others to make them look stupid.
People will always do that. If you've made a perfectly clear post and they're just picking up on the odd mistake, sod 'em. You've made your point, regardless, and they're being petty.

If you go in with a post that practically unreadable, expect to be ignored or criticised. Nobody can expect to be taken seriously if they can't be bothered to make their post legible.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
What happens if you fail the test?
Do you get stuck with the rest of the forumand banned from the 'brainy' (lol) area or will the people that failed get their own stupid-box section that brainy people are not allowed in?

And what about intelligent people that say stupid things, such as meeeeee, what's the test based on?

Katx

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...

Being unable to read and write properly leads people to believe you are stupid as speaking and writing the queens english is taught to you from a very young age and, you do tend to get a lot of practice. What they should actually say is that you are inarticulate or uneducated (not that either sound better). That is very different from being stupid.

This is not aimed at you Obladeo, but you asked the question. Trying desperately not to tar everyone with the same brush or make over-generalisations, most people would say they are not thick or stupid. And they'd be right. But being able to change the brakes on a car requires a different skill set from reading or writing. Some skills are innate, others are learnt. It is our ability to learn and retain information on a broad range of topics that most people would use as a measuring stick for intelligence.

So the fact of the matter is that intelligence is a difficult subject to quantify and hence why the IQ test was setup. Guess what guys and gals, there is no spelling test on that. So, make of it what you will. To those people who cannot read and write properly, its never too late to learn or use a spell and grammar checker, then no one will ever know.
:cool:

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
What happens if you fail the test?
Do you get stuck with the rest of the forumand banned from the 'brainy' (lol) area or will the people that failed get their own stupid-box section that brainy people are not allowed in?

And what about intelligent people that say stupid things, such as meeeeee, what's the test based on?

Katx
Chicks get in regardless, and with no cover-charge. Its always been that way. I bet even a stupid guy could get in if he had a couple of chicks with him..