Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Show us ya scars

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Hrm, well, thus far I have no broken bones from playing nor anything particularly disabling over the long term, but I have had one particular incident that made me start wearing kneepads. I was playing speedball on a field that used to be wooded, so naturally there were some sapling stumps in the ground leftover. Anyway, I was on my way into a bunker and I needed to get low, so I went to me knees as I was sliding in. Well, I knelt down on a stump about the size of my kneecap with full force of my body weight and forward speed running, so naturally the result wasn't too pleasant. But since the adrenalin was going and I didn't want to stop playing, I didn't feel too much beyond what I thought to be just simply what it feels like to go down on a knee too fast. I kept playing on it for 5 hours after that. The knee was swollen over a grapefruit size bigger than normal as a result and took a good bit of time to heal, but only about 10 minutes to teach me never to play without knee protection again.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I'm Cap'n Lance Armstrong

Reading about all these injuries (like breaking an arm or something) keeps making my arm twitch. My biggest injury so far is getting hit on the same spot on my head about five times right after each other (*sshole wouldn't stop shooting). I had a lump there too. I know, have pity and keep me in your prayers at night. ;)

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
here we go again...

This is basically a copy of what I posted in recball on the topic...

Slashed my foot open on something sharp in the woods, 4 stitches and a tetnus shot.

Fell off a hidden drop, landed on my left knee. Rather than my knee shattering, the energy was transfered up to my backbone where L3 and L4 LOCKED at over a 20 degree angle from true. 3 years of therapy and it's basically back to normal. You haven't lived until you wake up in the morning, get out of bed, take 2 steps, and collapse screaming in pain on the floor. That hurt like a motherfaahker.

Broke my ankle playing a few months ago, and tha'ts all I want to say 'till thigns get ironed out.

slid on gravel in Arizona giving a laceration that gouged 1/2 an inch into my knee, bled for 4 days, played on the bad knee anyway, and I bled through the bandage and kept playing.

slashed fingers on a hyperball tube, bled a while, hurt like an SOB to clean up.

A floating bone chip in my left elbow, but IT hink that was a volleyball injury.

Gangelon on my right wrist that, occasionally, makes it hard to type. It's a tendon bruise about the size of a grape. Bad stuff.

Twisted my ankle a few times before the ankle broke, so I have to wear a brace on bad flare days.

Recurring gout, usually flaring up in my ankle, the bad one, so I wear a brace AND take massive painkillers....

And people give me a hard time because I stick a cane in my JT gear bag. "Oh, it's a prop." I hear people say behind my back. No, boys and girls, it's not. It's something I pray I never need to use, but expect to be on it before the day is over.

And I'm only 30. I'll be lucky to walk when I'm 50...

-Tyger

Edited slightly for explanations

Well, If I'd been in Central America with a CIA Black Ops unit (which of course I wasn't. And neither were the CIA. And we, sorry, they, don't have black ops units) I'd have taken two bullets in the thigh and had to drag myself outta the jungle for two days with little food an' no fresh water.

But I wasn't So I didn't.

Peace

NettleDetector

Nov 7, 2001
Croydon
Visit site
I'll vouch for what KillerOnion says- same thing happened to me at Holmbush: jumped into the opposition base, went into a kneeling firing position and hit the edge of a tree stump - went into the soft part just underneath the left kneecap and things . . . shifted . . . .

The game was over about a minute later as someone ran the flag back, but I was still just making these gasping squeaky noises. It took so long to limp back to the safe area, that when I got there everyone was piling out to the next field! Always wore kneepads after that one.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Oh, you wanted NON-PAINTBALL injuries?

OOOHHHHHHH!!!!!

Wrecked (read TOTALED, to make non-operable) two mountain bikes in street crashes in a year, in one case went over the handlebars and another 10 or so feet on the bounce and skid when a curb bit me. That bike... I was on a first name basis with the store owner, and he stocked Matrix rims becasue I tacoed a rim every few weeks.

Can I count being thrown from a go-cart?

Fell out of a moving car at 30 MPH and broke a collar bone. Discovered that "Straberry Fields Forever" is a good song to listen to on painkillers.

Boxer fracture in my right hand in high school from a fight with a football coach. I won, but that's it's own story.

That's not to mention the close calls, like the time I nearly threw myelf out a window in high school while attempting to open it (shattered a huge windowpane with both hands, all the shards missed me, my momentum almost carried me through the window and down 30 feet...), or when I fell off a cliff.... you get the idea...

True stuff too.

-Tyger

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Damn Tyger,
You are either the unluckiest person in the world, or the clumsiest....
I mean, how do you fall out of a moving car? Okay, if your in the maffia, and you have a business disagreement. But in normal life?

I guess I have to be the luckiest then.
Never had a paintball related injury. Unless you count being bitten by the field operator's dog, but I played on anyway, and if you can play, you're not injured, just hurt.
Did have some close calls playing football (not soccer), but for the most part I was the one dishing out the injuries.

Seen the flick unbreakable? Based on my lifestory.......:D

Peace, Buddha 'I wouldn't want to be YOUR insurance agent' 3

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
How Tyger fell out of a car

Originally posted by Buddha 3
Damn Tyger,
You are either the unluckiest person in the world, or the clumsiest....
I mean, how do you fall out of a moving car? Okay, if your in the maffia, and you have a business disagreement. But in normal life?
I was getting out of the car, which was at a full stop at the time. And m friend thought it'd be funny if he punched it, figuring tha tI was out the door, and he'd roar away. I wasn't, he did, and I did what seemed to be thei right thing to do. I grabbed the jesus handle.

And, somewhere around 30 MPH, I lost my grip.

And somewhere with bounces and rolls, I think I skidded about 20 feet or so, landed on my shoulder snapping the collar bone. I remember rolling with the blow too, it coulda been worse. My denim jacket took the scrape for me, thanfully, I don't think I coulda worn the figure 8 with road rash too.

Ok, now you know.

-Tyg