Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sierra One upgrades..

AaronR

Feb 21, 2016
Hi guys!

Me and my friends recently went to our first walk on event and it was ace!

However, I found that my gun (tippmann sierra one) wouldnt get up to the legal limit on the site (280 fps) and was hovering around the 240/250 mark. Also, it wasn't terribly accurate and would throw balls astray every so often, making it horrible to shoot over long distances. someone told me that this gun needs to fire at high velocity to be accurate but i dont know..

So can anyone recommend any upgrades or mods that will up the velocity and improve the accuracy for the future? i belove my marker has a 98 thread.

thanks in advance :)

AaronR

Feb 21, 2016
Also, if anyone knows of any places that run walk-ons within a reasonable distance of North Wales that'd be great! It was a 4 hour drive for us to go to this one!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Honestly there is a lot it could be.
Have you tried dialing the gun up with the velocity adjustment screw?
Are you running it on Co2 or compressed air?
Did you buy the gun new or used?

My overriding advice would be to take a trip to your local paintball store and have them take a quick look at the gun to determine why the velocity is low. There are so many things it could be that you could spend an arm and a leg and still miss the root cause of the issue.

AaronR

Feb 21, 2016
okay then fair enough. and yeah, Ive brought the adjustment screw out as much as possible and its was still firing low. and I bought it as a new gun and im running it on air. I typically fill the bottle to around 2/2.5k psi.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
The output of your tank is too low
or
You need a new main-spring.

as the gun is new, it's unlikely to be option 2.
Most likely your tank output is too low. Easy way to tell is to try the gun with a different tank. if the gun shoots hot with the 2nd tank, you know you have a problem with the first one.
You can go to any field or store to test this, all you need is a 2nd tank to try, and the 2nd tank can be c02 or HPA, it will make no difference to your findings.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Go have a chat with Ronnie at Factory Paintball in Stockport (just off the m60), and he will be able to help with setting up, up-grades etc

I will point out that alot also comes down to the paint, if cheap site paint good chance you will get more swerve shots than higher quality "more round" paint.

You might of had a break in the barrel, so if you haven't already got on, get a squeegee and clean out the barrel when you notice and between each game.

AaronR

Feb 21, 2016
Yeah, im taking it to be looked at on monday, see if i can diagnose the issue. Ill be sure to try another tank to see if the problem persists. If it does come down to the tank, is it worth sending it back then i guess?

and smudgerebt, im guessing that the site will use cheaper paint to retain their profits, and i dont know if it will make a difference, but there were other people there who we're getting much more accurate shots using the same paint.. but im not sure, hopefully ill be able to find out on monday :)

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Ah you got it online.

Lot's of factors can be thrown in to be honest, but who ever you take the marker too, hopefully they will help you with the bottle etc

Reactions: AaronR