Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sinking money into paintball

K-dog71

Jan 15, 2013
Chatteris , cambs
My first 2 years into paintball and i seemed to own a ridiculous amount of gats.. Bt mechs , ego , eteks , pmr , naughty dog shocker , tm7/15 , tango , i once bought a mini on a friday that i had sold by sunday...
After sticking with eteks for a while iv recently switched to a simple gog enmey purely for the crack of taking on paint slingers with a £90 mech.. That is lighter than an ego 11 lol
Great fun

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
I first played in '91 for a mates birthday party, it was one of the most exciting and coolest things I had ever done. I came home that day wanting to play it regularly but not being that well off and in a single parent family and all it was never going to happen.
Fast forward to a couple of years ago, stag do (mine) played a rental day and all that stuff came flooding back, a few weeks later I had my own kit and was heading to a walk on. I have a couple of bursting kit bags, 3x A5's in various looks including a mag fed and a TPX, 3 Proto PMRs one of which I'm using on a sentry project, 2 Axe's with boss bolts and Redlines (love these markers) and I've got a DM12 to collect tomorrow, I also have a DM10 potentially.
I've owned an Etek2 and 3 and Vanguard Creeds prior to this.
A box full of Proflex parts and a couple of pairs of E-Flex, also Grills for completion.
This list could go on and on, barrels, pads, kitbags.
I have spent quite literally thousands and you know what I am ok with that, does it drive my wife mad....yes, but its good to have something that she can focus on and that I really enjoy.
When I'm at the start gate and the 10 count is ticking down its like being 13 again, your part of a team that wants to..is going to win! You have a cool gun that the other kids think is cool, GAME ON!

MitchellFeaver

Work hard. Play hard. Shoot faster.
Jul 1, 2013
I cant help myself with it! I dont think i ever wana stop playing just such a good sport and everyones friendly

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
Agreed def a way of life a social past time mixed with the obsessive adrenaline sport.
I've been looking at old school auto cockers and automags that will prob be the next thing :rolleyes:

scottodom

Jul 12, 2013
I very like paintball. Paintball is the most expensive sport i have ever played, but yet i'm 21 years old. And I have been playing for 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Donk

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
It is expensive but then you have to spend your money on something... May as well be something you enjoy. Have met some amazing people through paintball and there is nothing that matches the feeling you get when your at the start get and the countdown timer starts...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Paintball is expensive like many hobbies, sports and pastimes

I does not have to take all your money - you just need goggles, gun, hopper, air system, pods, carrier, associated items such as squeegees, goggle wipes, spare parts/o-rings etc etc and whatever you choose to wear
To play you then need to pay entry and for paint, plus travel & any accommodation
The specifics differ but it's the same for any other activity you decide to take up - the special part of paintball is the consumption of paint, but its not unique - if you fancied a driving activity you'd be using petrol all of the time

People have available funds every month. They have disposable income or they don't, if not they can't afford to play if they do then they prioritize how they spend. Money burns a hole in pockets - it could be saved, but unless they are disciplined or have a target that is being saved for many people spend

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I personally call in shiney kit syndrome. I try the wheeler and dealer approach. I'm on my third gun now and sold the previous two to fund it ( one at a profit and one at a slight cost) I also like to factor in depreciation and use (a gun or mask etc that I used a fair amount and caused me zero problems I don't mind loosing a bit of money on when selling) into the money I may have lost. I like to feel like delboy bargain hunting. Even though I have all the kit I need to last me for a couple of years at a competitive level I still can't keep my eyes off of the for sale threads.

Now I have got my house mate into playing and have to buy all of her kit on her behalf. It's like playing on hard buying for a short girl.

redleader

May 13, 2011
I've spent and lost far more money on cars over the last 20 years, than I've spent on paintball. But you have to enjoy life there's no point in your old age, sitting in your rocking chair thinking what if !

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
It costs less than a drug habit or an alcohol dependancy...
it costs less than hitting a night club every weekend...
if you are under 25, 3 sets of kit a year & 1 tourney + 1 training every month is still cheaper than insuring a car that isn't embarrassing...

We all suffer the "I need that bit of kit" syndrome... I have 2 identical setups (bar colour) just in case...

On the plus side if buying a different colour kit for your marker skints you so you stay in sat night sleep better & turn up sharper than the opposition pm me I have room for you in our Team!