Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sky?

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
thats the point, i certainly wasnt having a go and i dont even think sam, or anybody else was for that matter......maybe ppl are playing devils advocate a bit:rolleyes:

all the comments made by people were legit cos there were so many unknowns, I dont think we were the only two that didnt know the details and wanted to know more.

personally i have no connection to the pa at all, dont know the runners and am not playing it, but its good for uk players so i was intrested

Everybody chill, nobody is having a go!
:rolleyes:

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
I think there's been a slight over-reaction to what was an innocent question.

Hatts- you've done really well so far. Eveybody's raving about the series. By raising the standard of paintball in the UK, it doesn't just mean that all the other series have got to try better- it comes down to a better standard for tournament paintballers in the country. I don't know where you get this paranoia from. You should be toasting your sucess! Well done :)

The point that Chris and Sam are both trying to make is that outside sponsorship lured in by the suggestion of television coverage may have been unfounded. You and Russell have both made it clear that you never said this. They only asked!

Are there people out there trying to ruin your series? I don't know of any at SPC. It's unfortunate that both the series are on the same day- think we're gonna do something about this soon. Wish you all the best of luck in the future.

xman

Aug 4, 2003
In a Pub full of Paint
As it says in the PBUK mag the PA are in talks, this does not mean the PA are having it on SKY nor does it's mean they are not. But most teams will agree the purpose of joining the PA was to play in a higher level of the game i.e. paintball as we all know some tourn's are poor what the PA has done is rise the bar by a factor of 10, if SKY does televised the game then great if not it’s 10 times better than before, and from the Trojans that’s more the we expected so things from out point are great.

Great job Hatts, and others

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
the questions raised have been answered....beats me why ppl are still replying to this...:rolleyes: everyone should stop taking things so personally :D

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Hatts, you are obviously misunderstanding me. I did not say anywhere that you were a liar. Nor was i accusing you of anything. The fact that you have responded with so much fury makes me laugh. I never said you had done anything wrong, and as for trying to discredit you, or sow a seed of doubt.....wtf? Why would i bother? What would i have to gain? I am not even playing in the league.

Dont take it so personally. Calm down before you have a heart attack.:rolleyes:

"The point that Chris and Sam are both trying to make is that outside sponsorship lured in by the suggestion of television coverage may have been unfounded. You and Russell have both made it clear that you never said this. They only asked!"

Thank You Dicky.:cool:

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
Originally posted by Burb
Im still struggling to see how tournament ball will come across on TV and appeal to NON paintball players. Hell i've seen a few videos mysefl and thought they were boring - and i live for the sport!
I used to play allot of cricket but i hated watching it, its very boring to watch but many people do watch it and enjoy it.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Originally posted by sjt19
Regardless of how the event was Tom, The PA League was billed as bein televised, and i know peopl ehwo are playing it over the PGI Central 7's because of that televisation factor. The PA did ot say when they announced it that there would be no involvement till the 3rd leg. That was misleading, and a clever bit of marketing to gain teams.

Sam you say you know teams who are playing it over the pgi sevens

Who!!

We only took two teams on after the sky deal was disclosed who were allready talking to us.

As for that being a clever bit of marketing to gain teams -
Sometimes Sam you make valid and well constructed points on many topics.

And sometimes you just talk bollocks;) .

An apology...

As it appears that I misinterpreted the spirit with which it was intended, I sincerely and whole heartedly apologise for my little rant...(I hate forums...)

Russ very kindly brought me back down from the 30,000 feet cruising altitude I attained in about 3/10ths of a second and I feel quite reasonable and calm again. My one-ness with the universe is restored, my chi is re-aligned and I'm cheerfully chanting the mantra my personal life style guru assigned to me while maintaining a gentle back-and-forth rocking motion.

"Happy Hatts, Happy Hatts, Happy Hatts..."

Although this jacket that Gillie bought me does seem a little snug. Still at least I get to hug myself all day long which my therapist reckons is a good thing. I'm a little upset that they took my crayons away tho, but apparently it's a bitch to clean off this strange rubber wallpaper my nice new room is decorated with. Still it's a nice hotel and room service is excellent. I don't even need to go to the bathroom as they bring it to me...

P

Phil

An apology...

Originally posted by Hatts
As it appears that I misinterpreted the spirit with which it was intended, I sincerely and whole heartedly apologise for my little rant...(I hate forums...)

Russ very kindly brought me back down from the 30,000 feet cruising altitude I attained in about 3/10ths of a second and I feel quite reasonable and calm again. My one-ness with the universe is restored, my chi is re-aligned and I'm cheerfully chanting the mantra my personal life style guru assigned to me while maintaining a gentle back-and-forth rocking motion.

"Happy Hatts, Happy Hatts, Happy Hatts..."

Although this jacket that Gillie bought me does seem a little snug. Still at least I get to hug myself all day long which my therapist reckons is a good thing. I'm a little upset that they took my crayons away tho, but apparently it's a bitch to clean off this strange rubber wallpaper my nice new room is decorated with. Still it's a nice hotel and room service is excellent. I don't even need to go to the bathroom as they bring it to me...

:D :D :D

tubbie

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Jasper
I used to play allot of cricket but i hated watching it, its very boring to watch but many people do watch it and enjoy it.
Only ppl in the UK and other 3rd world countries :)

Tubbie