Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SLG 08 Broken

liambroad

Guarding The Dead Box
Jan 11, 2009
Cardiff butt
As the title states my SLG 08 has died.
Basicly lent it to a friend and he felt the need to put co2 in it ...
The asa was blown to bits almost instantly , along with most of the o rings on the bolt.
I fixed up all these but still i have air constantly purgeing through the bolt when ever its aired up.
The only thing else i could think it is the solenoid , would anyone else think this would be the case ??
And if so any one have a glue how much a new one would cost ?
Thanking you :p

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
the slg's solenoid shouldn't have any problems as it is not the same as spool valve or cocker type markers, the solenoid is a poppet which hits a clip to release the bolt, which way does the air come out?

through the front of the bolt (barrel end)
or through the back cap?

Hi Liam,

As Ant says it won't be the solenoid as air does not flow through it on an SLG. First things first run through the trouble shooting guide in the manual, depending on where the air is leaking from. I am positive it will be an o-ring fix, maybe with the reg pressure set too high also.

With anything technically related, feel free to contact Ash or Rich on eurotech at dyeprecision.com

Many thanks,

Tommy

liambroad

Guarding The Dead Box
Jan 11, 2009
Cardiff butt
the slg's solenoid shouldn't have any problems as it is not the same as spool valve or cocker type markers, the solenoid is a poppet which hits a clip to release the bolt, which way does the air come out?

through the front of the bolt (barrel end)
or through the back cap?
Its the back cap dude , i have changed all orings but still no joy

Hi Liam,

As Ant says it won't be the solenoid as air does not flow through it on an SLG. First things first run through the trouble shooting guide in the manual, depending on where the air is leaking from. I am positive it will be an o-ring fix, maybe with the reg pressure set too high also.

With anything technically related, feel free to contact Ash or Rich on eurotech at dyeprecision.com

Many thanks,

Tommy
Thanks matey :p

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
regulator

if it blew the asa to pieces have a look in side the hyper regulator there are a couple of o rings in there, if you know someone else with an slg try swapping the reg over they just unscrew from under the body of the marker so very easy to test the regulator from another gun;)