Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Sliding and Diving advice

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Jack-Exodus, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jack-Exodus Edinburgh Exodus

Jack-Exodus
    Message Count:
    Guys any advice for making sliding and diving a little less hard would be great, I always seem to slow just before the dive and if I'm hit its usually then and I always seem to slam pretty hard, any way of making my dives a little more fluid and lighter would be great or if you guys have any drills to share that would be great!

Cheers

2. nikko_300bhp Member

nikko_300bhp
    Message Count:
    There's really not much to tell apart from learning the correct technique and practicing it. Make sure you land on your arms first and you "throw" your weight forward with your feet.

This should help you.

Are you using elbow-forearm pads and knee pads?

3. Adam97 Active Member

Adam97
    Message Count:
    dont think about it too much when trying to dive or slide into a bunker because then you will fully focus on the slide instead of who you are supposed to be shooting meaning it will take your mind of that player because you was thinking how and when to dive

4. chris123456 Member

chris123456
    Message Count:
    Try not to jump into it as I've had bad experience with it

5. frosty warped player

frosty
    Message Count:
    Get your body as close to the ground whilst your still on your feet helps both ceep your momentum going horizontaly rather than verticaly and makes your profile smaller before your dive also for christ sake ceep your barrel out the dirt noone likes a core sample

6. BubbleGumBob Free Style Baby!

BubbleGumBob
    Message Count:
    Best way I learnt to do it was to run low, run the back of your on the ground while still running ensure you bottle is firmly inside you Arm and the end of the bottle pushed against the inside of elbow ( no idea what that bit of your body that's called??). Point your gun to the sky pushed of with legs focusing the impact of the dive on the outside of your arms, make sure you wear arm pad knee pads and if if possible slide shorts

7. Dave284 Reading Entity

Dave284
    Message Count:
    Always jump as high as you can when supermanning, that way you'll look super cool for the camera and the ladies.

8. Natexxo Aberdeen University Paintball Society (AUPS)

Natexxo
    Message Count:
    When you superman (forwards) you want to be as close to the ground as possible.. you want your torso/arms as parallel to the ground as you can. I usually find this easier if I try and imitate a "roadie run", or crouch run. Once you get to that you want to push with your last foot that touches the floor, and most importantly, push your arm's through! If you don't push your arms you'll land on them/your gun/do a front flip and seriously hurt yourself!

For baseball slides it's also about getting low, but more about momentum.. You want to get as much force behind you in as short a time as possible. You also want to try and use your outside foot as a pivot, so that when you are at your destination (preferably behind a bunker!) you can dig your outside foot in and snap up on to your knees/crouched - This'll reduce the time you spend not shooting and allows you to conveniently snap shoot at a different height level!

One of the best things you can do to work on your sliding is give yourself a set run-up distance of a meter or two, and have a friend kneel with his arm out. This will mean you can see how much momentum you need to carry you past them and work on staying as low as possible, to avoid getting shot!

TL;DR - Momentum, stay low, practice and more momentum!

9. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    Find some wet grass to start practicing on, or even better astro turf.

The lower you start your slides/dives, the less impact you take when you hit...which is a good thing.

I grabbed a flag in the middle of a dive over a snake, hit so hard, most of the paint in my hopper exploded. I did not start off by getting low. It A) sorta hurt, B) Screwed me from being able to shoot people, C) Did not look awesome for the ladies.

10. Dave284 Reading Entity

Dave284
    Message Count:
    It's not fool proof. But always worked for me. Either that or because I'm really, really ridiculously good-looking