Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sliding and Diving advice

Jack-Exodus

Edinburgh Exodus
Mar 1, 2014
Edinburgh
www.facebook.com
Guys any advice for making sliding and diving a little less hard would be great, I always seem to slow just before the dive and if I'm hit its usually then and I always seem to slam pretty hard, any way of making my dives a little more fluid and lighter would be great or if you guys have any drills to share that would be great!

Cheers

nikko_300bhp

May 10, 2013
There's really not much to tell apart from learning the correct technique and practicing it. Make sure you land on your arms first and you "throw" your weight forward with your feet.

This should help you.

Are you using elbow-forearm pads and knee pads?

Adam97

Jul 26, 2013
dont think about it too much when trying to dive or slide into a bunker because then you will fully focus on the slide instead of who you are supposed to be shooting meaning it will take your mind of that player because you was thinking how and when to dive

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
Get your body as close to the ground whilst your still on your feet helps both ceep your momentum going horizontaly rather than verticaly and makes your profile smaller before your dive also for christ sake ceep your barrel out the dirt noone likes a core sample

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Best way I learnt to do it was to run low, run the back of your on the ground while still running ensure you bottle is firmly inside you Arm and the end of the bottle pushed against the inside of elbow ( no idea what that bit of your body that's called??). Point your gun to the sky pushed of with legs focusing the impact of the dive on the outside of your arms, make sure you wear arm pad knee pads and if if possible slide shorts

Natexxo

Aberdeen University Paintball Society (AUPS)
Dec 27, 2012
Aberdeen
When you superman (forwards) you want to be as close to the ground as possible.. you want your torso/arms as parallel to the ground as you can. I usually find this easier if I try and imitate a "roadie run", or crouch run. Once you get to that you want to push with your last foot that touches the floor, and most importantly, push your arm's through! If you don't push your arms you'll land on them/your gun/do a front flip and seriously hurt yourself!

For baseball slides it's also about getting low, but more about momentum.. You want to get as much force behind you in as short a time as possible. You also want to try and use your outside foot as a pivot, so that when you are at your destination (preferably behind a bunker!) you can dig your outside foot in and snap up on to your knees/crouched - This'll reduce the time you spend not shooting and allows you to conveniently snap shoot at a different height level!

One of the best things you can do to work on your sliding is give yourself a set run-up distance of a meter or two, and have a friend kneel with his arm out. This will mean you can see how much momentum you need to carry you past them and work on staying as low as possible, to avoid getting shot!

TL;DR - Momentum, stay low, practice and more momentum!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Find some wet grass to start practicing on, or even better astro turf.

The lower you start your slides/dives, the less impact you take when you hit...which is a good thing.

I grabbed a flag in the middle of a dive over a snake, hit so hard, most of the paint in my hopper exploded. I did not start off by getting low. It A) sorta hurt, B) Screwed me from being able to shoot people, C) Did not look awesome for the ladies.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
I grabbed a flag in the middle of a dive over a snake, hit so hard, most of the paint in my hopper exploded. I did not start off by getting low. It A) sorta hurt, B) Screwed me from being able to shoot people, C) Did not look awesome for the ladies.
It's not fool proof. But always worked for me. Either that or because I'm really, really ridiculously good-looking