Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sliding - how to get over the mental block

kyle1000uk

Feb 14, 2004
Manchester
Visit site
right well i can slide, no problem. and ive chatted to a few people who have the same problem as me which is not being able to slide on their right leg (when moving left). i would just fall over. it seems to be a mental block but im sure there are ways of removing it. if anyone has any idea what i can do for this speak up!!

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
actually i never realized but i always slide right leg first, whether going left, right whatever

didnt notice lol thanks for that

just do it once, and practice a lot, however uncomfortable that may feel

I think its bad that i cant slide on my left leg :eek: funny, i never noticed!

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
practise. Force yourself to do it, its the same when forcing yourself to shoot left handed its just a action that has to be done lots of time for the mind to think its a normal action.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
i cant superman yet, ive tried quite a few times, but im obviously not doing the arms/hands right, because my chest grounds on the floor and i end up rolling over and often hurting myself

i have practised supermanning over snakes aswell but again my chest/head get stuck on the floor and i end up rolling over, lol almost gave myself whiplash today. i prefer the super-smooth snake jump as demonstrated by Quincy Boayes http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47753

but if it makes people laugh, then hey

its all good practising but i need someone to show me how to do it or else i'll actually break my neck

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Rosie,

Learn to walk before you run - if you can't dive normally, then trying to dive over snakes is just going to get you hurt.

As Myth says, practise is the only way forward - go to your local park and keep trying :)

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
i used to do that! and still do sumtimes when its a bad dive :mad: bloody hurts. what you have to do is not jump in the air bt like bend over double and push so ure legs fall away and u end up kind of gliding across the ground. its hard to explain bt the only tip i can think of is dnt go parrell with the ground and when u go over a snake skim the top of the bunker and practise :p

NewGen

Jul 31, 2003
Amsterdam
www.NG-army.tk
try a RL slide..

on your side..

like.. your left hand and elbo on the ground and your left knie on the ground(pulled up)

stretch the right leg en with the right hand make sure your gun does not smash into the ground..

its easyer then a superman and has less inpackt as a superman..

i can do both but i rather doe a side slide then a superman