The Home Of European Paintball

Sliding - how to get over the mental block

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
tis true!

Body shape paves the way.

If your slim and athletic its an easier technique to master.

I can dive in to bunkers when needed, I can act as though I know how but like Pebble said 'Superman' slides are for the naturals or the pros who shall I say have that certain x-factor.

Plus as for me having breasts it is a mental block, more than anything. But after practising I have conquered it, but not glamorously. As before, body shape is the culprit, I am small so my back pack prevents the arc in my back to land on the diaphragm part of my stomach.

Back to original post, if it is breaking out left sliding on your knee you are trying to master, first practise breaking out shooting in your left. Perhaps you might naturally compensate the move.

storm9

Feb 8, 2006
The Netherlands
a superman dive should be like a controlled fall forward.
You have to dive when you're really close to the ground. So run fast and lean forward (=low to ground) and then do the dive.
Land on your underarms with palms up!! Then your marker/barrel is in the air as well and not sticking in the ground.

And practice makes perfect.

OUTBREAK UK!

the infexion begins
Mar 29, 2006
grantham
cut the crap .. JUST DO IT the more you think about it teh harder it is to do .. i have hurt myself a lot diving but i wouldnt be good at it now if i didnt .. crap dives make you better at diving you jsut gotta be prepared for the pain and get on with the game

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
I cant see how people have reservations about pulling off dives in a match situation. I dont know about the rest of you, but when im on the field, I'll put myself through anything when the opportunity arises. You dont have time to consider diving, as soon as the window opens, get your ass up and get sprinting to that snake, then hit the deck harder than you'd hit a chav and hope you made it.

Its harder to pull off decent slides in training without the adrenaline pumping around you, but you soon get used to it.

bulldog2k

hmm it's not that i disagree with that but i do go through diving drills with the team

Gun hand first, palm up

Land on side of ribcage gun is in (the twist in midair to facilitate this is the critical thing, the thing that makes it not hurt...), taking off from opposite foot. Don't try and take off from waist height - run low, dive low

Not as much fun if you have lady top stuff, I understand, but it is learnable...