Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sly Profit harbervision fan

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Haywards Heath West sussex
Hi I have a pair of Sly Profit's. I love them they look nice and fit great. only problem iv had is with fogging. I thought I did a lot of research and they would be a decent investment. on second day out fogging set in bad.
Everyone were as helpful as they could, offering all there anti fogging tips ect until someone realised fog was within the lens. Spoke to rap 4, bought new lens. With the new lens fogging persisted but not within, as weather is getting colder my mask is getting worse. So back to the drawing board, i did some research and I found a lot of people were using fan's in the profits.
So I looked about for fan kits that would fit, an found the Harbervision fan from rap 4. Easy to install etc. I got it for Xmas and just installed it. The noise from the fan out of the mask isn't to bad, but once iv fitted it becomes ridicules. It sounds like someone has strapped a dentists drill to the side of my head.
Any ideas? is there a way I can dampen the vibration?
I don't want to tell the misses that my lovely mask is pretty much useless.

thanks Dan

mushuntgrrumble

Dec 10, 2013
Cheltenham
Hi Dan, I also have the Sly Profit and decided to fit my own DIY fan. I too had the same problem with noise/vibration with a 20x20x5mm 21dba 5v fan!! I changed the fan to a 20x20x10mm 20dba fan and the noise level has been cut by 75%.the reason why? I do not know!! The cost of this setup was £7. I know that this doesn't help you, but I've been looking at the Habervision on YouTube and it seems to be a very noisy fan without it being connected to the mask and when connected it just amplifies the sound. I could suggest soft foam, but that will have to be in between all the parts of the fan that come in contact with the mask. I cant really see it being any good because of the noise level of the fan. Anyway I have attached a few photos of my DIY. Best of Luck!! clear1x1.gif pixel_black.gif

Last edited: