Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts Ion

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Could you justify the deifference between and imppy/shocker and the Ion.

Forget the materials and cost savings made, just the functionality and performance considered....

I'm interested as to why sp brought out something like this, instead of a smaller/newer firm with new ideas. it will obviously dent their top of the range product sales i would imagine.

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by Nickyboy
Could you justify the deifference between and imppy/shocker and the Ion.

Forget the materials and cost savings made, just the functionality and performance considered....

I'm interested as to why sp brought out something like this, instead of a smaller/newer firm with new ideas. it will obviously dent their top of the range product sales i would imagine.
Come on Pinki - Justify yourself ;)

The difference between the ion, impy, shocker and nerve is all in the materials used, functionality and performance. The more you pay the better the better you get. The reason the Ion is creating such a stir is that there is a vast difference in price but a minuscule difference in performance. The cost saving is in the assembly techniques used, SP have found a cost effective way to make a good marker.

I guess the reason they produced it was to fill the gap in their low end so they can offer a complete range to everyone.

Micah

maybe the shocker lasts longer?

I really want to buy an ION (as I have no primary semi auto marker since mine was stolen ... 2 years ago now? and no money to drop on a high end one...) but I also want to wait 6 months and see what fixes are needed and which come out ...

or maybe I should look around for a nice "pre-owned" timmy or something ...

-Micah

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
ok ladies and gents

had a play with one this weekend down at warped central

and G-SUS!!!!

these things are scary!

provided these things stand the test of time they will be everywhere!

ok this is the lowdown

the parts on it that come as standard are poo.

the barrell is poo.
the feedneck although fits a wide range of hoppers via different sized o rings is poo
the donkey on the bottom is well poo as it just sits all wierd and puts your bottle about 3 miles back.

so this is what we did at casa warped

take one black cased ion

took off the barrel the feedneck the donkey and the grips
adjusted the trigger to suit walking a bit better

put on a ss frak back with silver AA front with ss insert (of course)
put on a silver Q lock feedneck
put on a black frame and silver body checkit asa

and put on some black and see through with a little silver pro stickies from smartparts

and bobs your uncle.

one rippin gat that can really fly!

now most people know that Mr Frensham has a habit of being a little rough with his toys! and he wasn't going to be any different on the ion.

well it stood the test and lasted a day with him playing at the multiball event at the warped cosford site.

and from first impressions it is a great gun

its a little gas hungry but i'm sure that can be changed with a little work from evolve or sp

so there we have it... a ferrari engine to which you can stick your own pretty bits on and it will fly i your hands!

be prepared to hear on a tourny field near you
....... "tell your mom i just shot you with a £200 gun!"

peace and goats cheese