The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts Lose To Wdp

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
News Just in.

The judge threw out Smart Parts claims to the patent they have attacked WDP (and everyone else) with.
The judge apparently awarded WDP joint ownership of this patent.
WDP's patents against Smart Parts ARE still valid though.

This is an incredible turnaround in the 3 year case. WDP can now give SP an absolute kicking. Time will tell if Smart Part have to pay thier victims back, or whether these victims now have a case against SP. Either way these firms will now be able to get protected from Smart Parts by the brits.

It's about to get interesting...

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
You'll find it was:p

....Poor smart-parts, not only do they have a lower quality product..They have alienated many consumers who just won't buy from them on principle. I have a tear in my eye, I really do....:p

Furby

Naughty Paintball God
Mar 28, 2002
Norman Park, Georgia
www.thefordreport.com
064 08/20/2004 ORDER GRANTING DEFT. SMART PARTS MOTIONS TO COMPEL; DENYING DEFT. SMART PARTS MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER.
065 08/20/2004 ORDER PARTIALLY GRANTING PLTF. MOTION TO DISMISS DEFT. SMART PARTS COUNTERCLAIM.
08/23/2004 RECD. LETTER FROM ATTY. JACOBSON ADVISING COURT OF SETTLEMENT BETWEEN PLTF. AND DEFT. TRI STATE PAINTBALL SUPPLY.

Hrm...looks like things are settling down between them....I'll research a bit more on the PACER system.

EDIT: It would appear that the judge in the 2002 case filed in Oregon has ruled in WDP's favor. More information as I get it in.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
er....not doubting you there big fella but can you provide some proof? Like where did you hear it?

thanks, don't wanna speculate on heresay, its just not healthy :)