Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts Lose To Wdp

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
this sounds like good news all around,
maybe they'll start producing guns that actually work now in order to stay in business ?
;)

boozshey

Apr 13, 2004
www.zerokewl.com
Well from what I gather, is that WDP would like to take sole inventorship... But at least part...

From reading the supreme court cases though, it sounds to be that Hensel should be name sole inventor alone...

So what lesson did we learn...

What goes around comes around... I love it.... :)

Lucky.One

Dec 1, 2003
suckago
www.lucky-paintball.com
But see, that implies that everyone cribbed or copied the original shocker to make the other guns. They did not.

Go read real gun patents. The differences can be minimal if the improvement can be proven.

So if SP patent was a crock of poop in terms of being eforceable, the same crock of poop becomes WDP?

so all the yehawing is a little premature, if WDP keeps growth limited with lawsuits only the consumer looses.

boozshey

Apr 13, 2004
www.zerokewl.com
But from what I understand is that SP patent was the Circuitry working with the mechanics...

So with that patent Hensel was co-inventor... but with the actual Circuitry then Hensel is sole...

Did I read the opinion right?

c-doe

Come on, the only thing that this means is that there will be 2 companies sharing the extra money you pay for your marker instead of only one, do you really think that WDP will say no to all of the cash they may collect now from the shared rights.
Even if they where worst enemies they will become best friend.

I hope Im dead wrong nd sorry for my bed spealling ;)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Well, I certainly don't have a problem for an entity (whether a single person or company) being payed royalties for the intellectual property they own. The only problem I had is that I didn't believe that SP were the 1st to come up with the idea (and therefore cream all the cash).

If WDP get half the royalties, what's wrong with that? Don't hear anyone moaning in other areas with regards to patent infringement...

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
Welp

Im pretty a good friend of the Gunslinger and I spent a lot of time talking to JR on various topics.

Ofcourse I asked that question...

They said something like this:

"We enforce our intellectual property rights when someone attacks them or us."

They are not the kind of people who would go after anyone on their own initiative. Just look at the sheer number of guns on the market derived from the basic WDP design.... Hell they havent even touched aka and the Viking ever and that gun IS an angel!!!

brian

BUNKER MONKEY
Aug 16, 2001
SoBored
Visit site
WELL DONE LADS!

Big well done to every1 at wdp/npf,deserved win and no doubt they will be well happy with the result !Cheers 2 Jed,Mat 4 the celebration drinks,the atmos at wdp yesterday was ecstatic to say the least!!!...Wdp will be back next year with a vengeance(i hope),thanks for the continuing support and sponsorship as well,without you guys we wouldn,t be where we are now without you guys(cheers daniel!).......see sum of you guys on monday 4 our casual stroll round drayton manor park!!!........Brian.:D :D :D

dnafwtbtitft

The bell tolls...
Jul 23, 2003
In my own little world.
Visit site
This result is just awesome. It proves what many of us have been saying for years. That Smart Parts haven't invented anything themselves but instead steal and patent other people's ideas.

The judges comments and Adam and Billy's testimony is hysterical.

Originally posted by Intheno
you can bet WDP will start throwing big punches now. Those guys have some richeous retribution to shell out. I would pay good money to see the Gardners faces. Actually I think I will watch thier Beau Carson Promo Video again! It never gets old to me!
Today is a good day!
I'm a huge believer in Karma. Go WDP. SP deserves everything that could possibly happen to them on the basis of this.

Originally posted by evil.one
that is not really it.

Anyone could have dug the Doc and paid him off. Think about it.
If you dug hard enough with any patent, you might come up with a technicality that may effect the validity.

Smart parts may be hated but who is to say WDP will be any better or the two together might be double trouble.

Wdp claims the invented the LCD in the paintgun but the CYber9000 was the first (it appears on warpig prior to a year to WDP claims).

The drama is not yet done but it was hilarious for the judge to quote the damning quotes that make billy and adam look ummm silly?.
Silly? ^&*%ing stupid is a bit closer. :D ;)

As yet who knows what WDP will do. I'd like to see them make SP suffer. (Wow didn't realise I was this vindictive!) As for what they do with their newly owned patent... we will have to wait and see.

BUT! From WDP's previous work and efforts to help develop and promote this industry (Hyperball event, NPPL etc.) I don't have the same concerns with them as I would have if SP or anyone else had ownership of the IP.

I'm a huge fan of WDP and wish them all the best for the future. This news is so good I was almost in tears laughing and smiling so hard!