Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts reputation?

Sugz

Fortiter et Recte!!
Aug 22, 2006
Ive owned a SP ion and only a SP ion despite people (namely Lemonade :p) saying naa get a PM.
I agree yes you dont have to upgrade as much on a PM or DM or ego for that matter, but with my little SP ion, its light, feel good and best of all i can personalise it. I can look at a pile or ions and say, hey that one over there is mine.
And i dont think i have spend that much on it, a new trigger, Bolt and OOPS and its great.
I think what that guy in the video was referring to is that if you decide to upgrade all of its parts. Again that is your choice. And if you decide to buy them new. I have bought everything off these forums for much cheaper ;)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
snore

SP guns are just as good as any other ones. all will break if you dont treat them ok. People will upgrade **** on any guns regardless of brand.
This man speaks the troof!

Reppyboyo: Learn about any gun before and during possession of it. Its a no brainer, you want your gun to shoot people, at the times when you need it most, so make sure you know its in its best condition by learning how to do a basic clean up at the least. Youtube has videos on every gun and how to clean it and do general maintenance.

More on topic, SP are more famous now for their aggressive and (hate to say it) clever way of trying to dominate the market. They are doing what any serious company would do in any business. Whether you like that or not is up to you :) Their guns shoot great! If you decide on an SP gun, thats fine, just read up about it before hand. Im sure Balf can answer any questions you have if you do have problems.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
i have owned 2 shockers and 3 ions and sold them all pretty much as soon as i buy them. cant get along with shockers but i have many friends who love the sp line of markers, each to their own.

JDO

Jon & Chris rock my socks
May 13, 2008
London
This man speaks the troof!

Reppyboyo: Learn about any gun before and during possession of it. Its a no brainer, you want your gun to shoot people, at the times when you need it most, so make sure you know its in its best condition by learning how to do a basic clean up at the least. Youtube has videos on every gun and how to clean it and do general maintenance.

More on topic, SP are more famous now for their aggressive and (hate to say it) clever way of trying to dominate the market. They are doing what any serious company would do in any business. Whether you like that or not is up to you :) Their guns shoot great! If you decide on an SP gun, thats fine, just read up about it before hand. Im sure Balf can answer any questions you have if you do have problems.

The trouble is that the way SP conducts business is ethically questionable to some. Surely a truely clever company would gain market share by making awesome products, rather than trying to directly hinder their competition...

ioufx

:)
Apr 17, 2008
Walsall, UK
First Gat i bought was the EOS, and i can honestly say i've had no problems with it. Reason i bought was due to their being a very nearby tech centre and due to me knowing very little about markers at that time thought "it seems good enough for the time being", and it has kept up with what i want it to do.

Looking at a couple of the reviews, i've never had any such problems, but never dealt with the manufacturer on a 121 basis. I'm looking to upgrade at the minute, but only because i want to move up into the high end performance margin of gats, and thats about all.

The EOS i will still probably keep, and under the 9 months or so of me having it, its done exactly what its meant to have done, kept up with higher end markers on the field, and doesnt alter my performance on the field, yet im still after a new gat :)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
The trouble is that the way SP conducts business is ethically questionable to some. Surely a truely clever company would gain market share by making awesome products, rather than trying to directly hinder their competition...
When you have a company and own IP you will want to protect it / benefit from that IP. If that means the competition sinks as a result, so be it.

Harsh but true, its called being a human being.

Sure some people might say the people SP walked over were innocent victims. Me I prefer this:

"I'm also tired of hearing about innocent victims; this is an outmoded idea. There are no innocent victims. If you're born on this world you're guilty, period, f*ck you, end of report, next case. Your birth certificate is proof of guilt.” GC