Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts reputation?

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
True, but they take the piss sometimes. Claiming they made the first electronic marker for example, the only problem being they didn't keep any record of ever making it, not a sketch, not a blueprint, not a photograph nothing. All some years after electronic markers have been on the market (I forget the actual figure).

JDO

Jon & Chris rock my socks
May 13, 2008
London
When you have a company and own IP you will want to protect it / benefit from that IP. If that means the competition sinks as a result, so be it.

Harsh but true, its called being a human being.

Sure some people might say the people SP walked over were innocent victims. Me I prefer this:

"I'm also tired of hearing about innocent victims; this is an outmoded idea. There are no innocent victims. If you're born on this world you're guilty, period, f*ck you, end of report, next case. Your birth certificate is proof of guilt.” GC

Sorry, but I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying. What I was trying to express is that regardless of whether you feel SP should continue to charge licensing fees for 'their technology' is a different issue to the one I was focusing on. In my opinion (and I'm certainly not alone in this view) no company should be called 'clever' or any other name with a good connotation for that matter because of their exploitation of loopholes in unfair competition laws. Business ethics is not just something which 'us liberal hippies' invented to try and stop the 'evil corporations'! It is the social responsibility of any company working within paintball to allow for innovation from a purely financial perspective also. In order for an extreme sport for paintball to be able to survive, it must have innovation to keep us adrenaline junkies all interested.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
It is the social responsibility of any company working within paintball to allow for innovation from a purely financial perspective also. In order for an extreme sport for paintball to be able to survive, it must have innovation to keep us adrenaline junkies all interested.
Snore.

I never said SP was clever, I said that all this whining over fairness and explitation is BS in the grander scheme of things.

As for companies in business being nice to each other for the greater good of some web-ballers, nah. If DYE could take over the world and have eveyone shooting DYE they would, so would PE or Kingman or anyone for that matter.
Its called common sense.

JDO

Jon & Chris rock my socks
May 13, 2008
London
Snore.

I never said SP was clever, I said that all this whining over fairness and explitation is BS in the grander scheme of things.

As for companies in business being nice to each other for the greater good of some web-ballers, nah. If DYE could take over the world and have eveyone shooting DYE they would, so would PE or Kingman or anyone for that matter.
Its called common sense.

I know you didn't say that SP was clever, however if you care to read my first post in this thread (which you replied to originally) I was quoting Bolter who said that SP's way of doing business was 'clever'.

Our opinions diverge in that I place a high importance on the use of business ethics and by saying "Snore", I guess you don't. Simple.

sean2

The Firm FTW
Oct 1, 2007
Chester
Got to agree with lovetone no company is going to say no to more money.

And back on topic I had an Ion which had a faulty board and it was fixed with in a week, and it aint skipped a beat since.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I know you didn't say that SP was clever, however if you care to read my first post in this thread (which you replied to originally) I was quoting Bolter who said that SP's way of doing business was 'clever'.

Our opinions diverge in that I place a high importance on the use of business ethics and by saying "Snore", I guess you don't. Simple.
Busniness ethics are all well and good, but in this case, it made the Gardners very rich. Which is a major motivator for greedy unscrupulous humans.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this:

In my opinion, my opinion is actually meaningless, because whether I believe in bunsiness ethics or not, there is always another crunt round the corner with differing morality and in this grand scheme I cant be arsed to work out who is who.

If SP patented something that already existed and somewhat usurped honest hard working inventor types,then I'm sorry but more fool the inventor who didnt secure his IP. I'm sure they learn't their lesson.

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
Q. Whats the best mode on a smartparts gun?

A. OFF!

made me laugh anyway.
only reason i dont like em is because iv just seen too many problems with them. Unless its just some crazy magnetic field around me that breaks any shocker i come within 10ft of (shush balf).

:D

sniperlee

my balls your chin
Feb 25, 2008
got a mate thats broke eteks to sp's i think hes just thick, he doesnt know what he thinks yet, hes got a spyder now and thats fooked aswell :D

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Busniness ethics are all well and good, but in this case, it made the Gardners very rich. Which is a major motivator for greedy unscrupulous humans.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this:

In my opinion, my opinion is actually meaningless, because whether I believe in bunsiness ethics or not, there is always another crunt round the corner with differing morality and in this grand scheme I cant be arsed to work out who is who.

If SP patented something that already existed and somewhat usurped honest hard working inventor types,then I'm sorry but more fool the inventor who didnt secure his IP. I'm sure they learn't their lesson.
Exactly.

Ok JDO if clever is the wrong word, maybe I should have said something like "on the ball" because they have made a stink load of money, which is more than alot of companies in paintball. Make more sense?