Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts Rise from the Grave

RichardMacdonald

Inverness ICE
Jan 25, 2010
Inverness, Scotland
www.facebook.com
Under GoG i welcome them back aswell, although on the front page of the website it has some freak man beast......

The ion and vibe no doubt sped up the introduction of new players to the sport and with them back again it can only be good for regular players wanting to delve more into the sport with an affordable marker.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i welcome them back aswell, you might say im biast with my opinions because of my associations with warped but im also pritty new to paintball in respect to all the people who have a problem with sp, it was all long before my time, imo clean slate and clean break, but must be good for our sport to have these guys back in the game, at least some positives seem to be around although few and far between at the mo :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
So.. Your company goes under owing loads of honest hard working people money.

So you just start a new one?
Is that how easy it is?

Well, that's one way of looking at it, another is to consider the truth of the matter.

The major creditor was the bank, they chose to pull the financial plug on Smart Parts thus ensuring SP's cessation in the market place.
SP did not elect to go under, they did not elect to not pay anybody .... their ability to pay everybody was usurped from them by the bank taking control of their money ..

SP's had up until the time of the bank pulling their money not missed one repayment of that loan, not one ... not even late.
And so, it would seem as though the bank may have been the architect of their own misfortune [and others] how do you conclude what you imply???

What is your informational resource and who have you spoken to?

As to mine?
I had a long talk with Adam Gardner last week ..... yours?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Under GoG i welcome them back aswell, although on the front page of the website it has some freak man beast......

One slight technical linguistic problem with the choice of that name Gog is that in Grammy, gog means c0ck ... and so the Gardner's new enterprise, leastwise in Germany is known as c0ck Paintball ... some might argue suitably named ....:doh:

Well, that's one way of looking at it, another is to consider the truth of the matter.

The major creditor was the bank, they chose to pull the financial plug on Smart Parts thus ensuring SP's cessation in the market place.
SP did not elect to go under, they did not elect to not pay anybody .... their ability to pay everybody was usurped from them by the bank taking control of their money ..

SP's had up until the time of the bank pulling their money not missed one repayment of that loan, not one ... not even late.
And so, it would seem as though the bank may have been the architect of their own misfortune [and others] how do you conclude what you imply???

What is your informational resource and who have you spoken to?

As to mine?
I had a long talk with Adam Gardner last week ..... yours?
Perhaps the Bank would take a different view on why they went under.
But thats not really what Im getting at.

I was referring to the fact that a failed company, that went bankrupt is able to simply restart under another name, without paying its debts.
As if all those people who they owed money to no longer exist or matter.

Its not a short list of creditors either. Ranging from paintball teams (EG dynasty) materials suppliers, delivery companies and even a coffee shop!

Maybe Im misunderstanding the situation? But I think thats pretty wrong.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Perhaps the Bank would take a different view on why they went under.
But thats not really what Im getting at.
I was referring to the fact that a failed company, that went bankrupt is able to simply restart under another name, without paying its debts.
As if all those people who they owed money to no longer exist or matter.
Its not a short list of creditors either. Ranging from paintball teams (EG dynasty) materials suppliers, delivery companies and even a coffee shop!
Maybe Im misunderstanding the situation? But I think thats pretty wrong.

Jon, I think it fair to say, the SP's situation has had its fair share of BS talked about it.
For some reason, the US seems to breed hoards of people [generally kids] who believe their opinion matters and should therefore be heard ... actually, neither is the case.

These idiots tend to jump on bandwagons merely for the sake of it and because they have nothing better to do in their pathetic lives.
This is not to say that some of the attacks were undeserved; SP did get involved in things that were in my opinion pretty low but hey, I think fair to say, we've all indulged ourselves at some time in our lives if we are honest.

The SP guys genuinely believed they were under attack and also believed someone was trying to take away their property, this may well explain some of what they did.

Anyway, the SP company did not reinvent itself and wash itself of any of its debts ... the bank own SP in that sense ... Billy and Adam Gardner had SP taken away from them by the bank and it is the bank who are now responsible for those debts ... the only people responsible for this situation's evolution are the bank ... Billy and Adam didn't want to go down that road; if they had, they wouldn't have been keeping up with repayments now would they??

I think you are misunderstanding the situation Jon because in essence, you are accusing Billy and Adam of something the bank is responsible for ... Billy and Adam could hardly be expected to have their company taken away from them and then do nothing in terms of trying to have an income ... what would you want them to do ?..... they have to pay their personal bills and they have to work mate.
Gog is another company altogether here and I for one am pleased they have come back because I tell you this much; people like Billy and Adam, Richmond and Dave Youngblood ... all these guys care about sport ..... we need them, we really do.
It seems coincidental that the people responsible for SP's eventual demise are the very people I am implying do not care for paintball ..... funny that eh ???

A bank or financial institution does not have feelings for a sport, they have bottom lines, that's all they care about and it was SP's bottom line that determined the bank pulling out thier financial rug.
Our industry was built upon guy's who have a genuine and enduring love for our sport ..... Billy and Adam would never have knowingly or willfully fuhked people over by not paying them ... I know them Jon, I promise you, they ain't like that; in that sense, they are 100% honourable.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
robbo, interesting read my friend, and iam intrigued by the the insite u have given after i have read alot of rubbish about sp over the years from people with less exsperience with this company than me. just one question, how can a bank pull the plug if all payments had been made that seems like the killed the mouse early?? unless they could see the books and that it was only a matter of time before defaulting on a payment would happen, or were they paying the debt out of personal money etc,

to me if i had a car on fianance but lost my job i wouldnt expect to lose my car until i missed a payment, not just because i had no income?
obv more complicated than that like