Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

smoke grenades: fire hazard?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Tom37 said:
are they? was thinkin of getting some for my site, but its mainly woodland, and theres a lot of pine needles etc that would be flamable in summer. would i be starting forest fires etc.:confused: :eek:
yes they are a fire hazard. Ive seen them burst into flames. Enola gay ones are especially good at this.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Dark Stranger said:
I have never seen a smoke grenade set anything alight in years of playing paintball. I think the risk is rather slim!
whereas i had pyrotechnic fun almost every weekend when i marshalled for NPF.

Not worth the hassle.

Milky

Jan 20, 2004
www.ukasylum.co.uk
Smoke grenades are flamable we lost half a building last year (wooden building) they do burn once in a while but pine is probable the worst wood to use them in. But your main concern should be burns these things get very hot. most of are injerys (minor) are burns people trying to throw them back while there smoking. plus make sure your insurance covers them and if you want to stock them over a certain amount then you need a fireworks magazine certificat. :mad:

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
i marshalled up at a site with smoke nades and on one lovely summers day the ground was dry enuf to set fire to one of our bunkers. customers came running over to me in panic and had to put the ******* out before the place burnt down. What i always remember was stamping out the fire and burning my leg, forgetting that i had a **** load of C02 canisters around me!

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
Yes, they are a fire hazzard...

it really depends on the terain and weather conditions though..
One of my smoke nades started a small fire at Staargate last year.. and when myself and another guy ran over to stamp it out.. we got lit up as the enemy didnt stop firing..

in winter, there pretty safe though as the ground is usually damp...

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
I put out 2 fires at the Big Game. It wasn't even really dry either- it had been quite wet that morning & the plants still caught fire.
I think during high summer it would be a hazard.
But in winter it'd be ok.
I saw more than one last year when marshalling as well.

Last year though one was caused by some kn*b bringing an actual army issue smoke grenade. Put it in a barrel of water in the end to stop it after 5 mins of choking, & the b*stard still kept going :rolleyes:. Funnily enough no one wanted to own up to that one...