The Home Of European Paintball

smoke grenades: fire hazard?

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
Rosie said:
I put out 2 fires at the Big Game. It wasn't even really dry either- it had been quite wet that morning & the plants still caught fire.

I put out three :p including one i had to run 30 odd metres PAST a group of Chav Marshalls who were standing staring at it!

Yes, they can be a hazzard. but i love the smell of pyro in the mornin....

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
going old school back to the good old days of apocalypse now... and they say todays youth know nothing :p great film, and yeah, some smoke and grenades smell nice, cheap site ones generally dont :(

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
Equinox said:
i have mixed feelings reguarding Smokes on Punter sites,
As some sites i have been too dont give proper instruction
about ordanance during the safety talk, even when they do though.
Theres often a punter stupid enough to try and pick it back up
and throw it back.
currently, smokes are for sale to anyone over 18, but i personally feel they shouldnt be an option to anyone in a group that contains an under 18
(on that note though, people would be miffed if they were put in a group with kids and couldnt get them for that reason..)

If i have an under18 on my game, i DONT allow smokes to be used at all. Mainly because i had a guy once, who brought a load of smokes, and gave them to his 12yr old son, and his son's mate to use. oh, he got an earfull. NPF give proper instruction on the handling of Smoke Nades is the safety briefing.

ALWAYS MAKE SURE SMOKES DONT LAND ON BUILDINGS WITH STRAW ROOFS.

(original farmhouse, RIP...)

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
throw them into a bunker and try and smoke people out... then get 'em on the way out... no rambo's as we dont want you possibly losing fingers by picking them up and throwing 'em back and no diving on them as you wont look big or smart... if one lands near you, save yourslef not your friends.

yeah, sounds like one of the guys at my local :p