Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

smoke grenades: fire hazard?

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
nope, never said anything like a real distance warning... but really, unless you told them when you sold it to them, they wouldn't take it in... nobody really listens to those initial briefings. youd only be repeating yourself all day. try taking some out yourself and throwing them around but keeping them distant from people and see if they still work as a distraction. then slowely incorporate them into the briefing and sales over the counter... etc

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
yeah, also you need to chech the 'noise level', if its over a certain decible, it may be illigal to use. you dant want to start deafening your customers. They wont be able to hear how much they owe you for the paint tab! plus i suppose you dant wanna be sued for causing loss of hearing. or busrting someones eardrum.... hmm. stick to smoke grenades!! lol

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
TheGurkha said:
yeah, also you need to chech the 'noise level', if its over a certain decible, it may be illigal to use. you dant want to start deafening your customers. They wont be able to hear how much they owe you for the paint tab! plus i suppose you dant wanna be sued for causing loss of hearing. or busrting someones eardrum.... hmm. stick to smoke grenades!! lol

I think i took too long typing that post... doh:confused:

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
ya, i use them... the local site uses them most of the time... i think they look at what sorts of people they have playing before they offer them for sale, and the ones they have aren't exactly massive... they could be mk5's or an equal or a bit smaller; i tend not to read the label whilst im striking it and throwing it into a bunker or hut (without roof so not really a 'hut' ;)). no reason to call me mr fish, im still 15 :eek: just got a lot of playing under my belt :D

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
i have tinitus and reduced hearing from being a session drummer doing recording and gigs mainly with all varietias of musicians... honestly, if someone got what i have from you, without prior knowledge, i'd sue! i dont think you could sell people mk9's... 5's you could get away with so long as you made sure they understood not to use them like grenades and throw them away from people so they are a distraction... etc

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
On one of the sites I work at, I use my own custom made stuff which is louder than any product available to the public.
Not a fan of the smoke grenades as they don't do an awful lot.
I much prefer something that will do 5 foot craters :D

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
SwissTony said:
On one of the sites I work at, I use my own custom made stuff which is louder than any product available to the public.
Not a fan of the smoke grenades as they don't do an awful lot.
I much prefer something that will do 5 foot craters :D

hmmm... psycotic... nice.:cool:

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
i make gunpowder and flash powder myself, but would never dare use them with other people... i do have a crater in a farmers field next door that i like to call my pyro home :p

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Flash powder pwns :D
My Uncle is in the pyrotechnics industry (soon to be me to YAY) so i have an endless supply of quickmatch, plastic ignition cord and loverly aluminium powder :D