Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

smoke grenades: fire hazard?

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
Fish said:
no reason to call me mr fish, im still 15 :eek: just got a lot of playing under my belt :D
anyone with a pic of zoidburg in their avatar deserves respect:p

anyway... cant do smoke, so looking for alternatives... preferably legal ones... but im open to suggesgions.

also does your disclaimer cover this stuff? and how do you store em? legally orotherwise? (as there fireworks an all)

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
I never let my stuff of near anyone and its only on private events with my mates.
I never store finished stuff, I make them, then use them.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
i have stored powders, but only in ball mills or sealed containers... etc

and cheers about the repect thing, you have to love futurama! :D

lol

my m8 had to stop using flash bangs & paint grenades at his site due to the parachutist's complaining at a nearby airfield! apparently big bangs are unsettling before a freefall... lol! as for smoke grenades, it all depends on how much you pay... cheap smoke just fizzles for ages and smells like sh**e. decent smoke 'pops', instantly creating a decent screen for grabbing flags etc.
as for steamed up goggles.. my advice is when marshalling, never run towards a punter with f***ing steamed up goggles! i got nailed in the adams apple at point blank last month by a noob who couldnt see a flourescent jacket at a range of less than a metre... was a proper bleeder an all!

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
yer ive had one or two of them... one guy was silly enough to shoot his own teem:rolleyes: ... shooting a marshall by mistake is silly, but at least we cant shoot back:eek: needless to say the other members of his team discovered it was him pretty quickly the rest of his day consisted of getting shot at by both teams:D ...... obviously i didnt see aaaanything:rolleyes: :D

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
the place i play uses coloured hoppers to distinguish teams, well they had been told that we were on the blue team even though we were using black eggs and a halo... some stupid girl popped out and my mate beckoned to her to be quiet and stay down as were in the process of flanking some guys... she took a look and must have decided we were trying to flank her and were thinking she wouldn't notice we were oppositions telling her to be quiet and not give away our position! she bloody well open fire on him and then found that she got turned on by 3 other guys using an ion, shocker and my karny :p she wasn't happy after that :D

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
i think they also emit smoke... where they those big orange lifeboat ones??? if so, they will give off very thick smoke so they can be seen from high up; it'll probably be a orange fill too...

schock

May 25, 2006
yes they can be fire hazards becuase one time me and some of my buddys where playing some speedball in the summer on a dry grass field and he decided to be smart and lite off a smoke bomb.... next thing u know the feild is up in flames and everybody is shooting and stomping on the flames trying to put it out.