Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snake Advice

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
I will add do not slide with your leg extended in front of you, or your feet can get grip on the ground and things can come to a nasty end...

Last edited:

Reptile Smile

Aug 14, 2014
Brizzle
This is very much against received wisdom, but - time yourself running the 25 yards to the snake gun up and gun down whilst you're walking the field. You will likely (surprisingly) find there's very little difference.

Oh, and if you're going to dive in, dive earlier than you think. If you're right handed, get your right hand out in front of you, palm up, and take off from your left leg, aiming to land on the right- hand side of your ribcage. Practise plenty on wet grass...

ToniH

May 26, 2014
Finland
I've been playing the snake for 2 seasons now. So I'm still a newb. I can still state that what you do when breaking depends a lot on field layout. Some times you have a lot of cover to run straight to snake. Often times there will be 1 or 2 lanes preventing you from going to snake.

What I suggest is you train a few breaks, for example:
1. Run straight to snake, dive early
2. Run to cover before snake. There usually a Temple or Can or something just a yard or two from snake.
3. Stay your ground and shoot accurately for the first 3-5 seconds, then proceed as option 1 or 2.

Depends a lot of your league level. Often times people start shooting from breaks and after getting into cover they take a few seconds to adjust themselves. I find that the best time to move.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
My advice is simple, make sure all of your team are aware and know what you are planning to do before you play. Movements should be pre planned but with the ability to be dynamically adjusted as needed. You need to make sure you have someone backing you up and making sure they keep you alive whilst you work.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I play snake like Thomas Taylor does. Everyone said he was the best so I copied his technique exactly.. I run as fast as I can to the snake, taking a couple of hits as I run in, then I frantically and way-too-quickly shuffle up the snake on my hands and knees in a fit of explosive power. Once at the opponents S1 I'll pop my head up and get gogged straight in the face, at which point I'll start rolling around holding my knee, and a couple of refs will have to help me off the field. Even though I look like I will have to go to hospital immediately, and my playing career is surely over, I will still be out for the next point, where I will repeat the above maneuver exactly.
I can do this all day.

Razordave

The Turks
Oct 15, 2013
I play snake like Thomas Taylor does. Everyone said he was the best so I copied his technique exactly.. I run as fast as I can to the snake, taking a couple of hits as I run in, then I frantically and way-too-quickly shuffle up the snake on my hands and knees in a fit of explosive power. Once at the opponents S1 I'll pop my head up and get gogged straight in the face, at which point I'll start rolling around holding my knee, and a couple of refs will have to help me off the field. Even though I look like I will have to go to hospital immediately, and my playing career is surely over, I will still be out for the next point, where I will repeat the above maneuver exactly.
I can do this all day.
You're my hero missy, cant wait to try these moves in the woods (n)