Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snap shooting help?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Anyone know a stretch's or drills that can improve your snapping speed? im quick at it( doesnt mean i can shoot anything when i do :p ) , but it feels akward as hell when i do it, anyone got any tips?

Will

Gavin - 44pix

44pix Paintball Photography
Jun 16, 2008
www.facebook.com
Not sure what you're trying to achieve here?

There's one thing being quick at snapping, there's another for being accurate with it.

Start off with snapping in slow-motion with a target. Ensure that you form is good. Then slowly (I mean slowly) increase the speed of the snap. Repeat. You will probably get to a position where your form and accuracy goes to pot once you reach a certain speed of the snap. There is where you need to slow it back down, regain your form and accuracy.

Practise Practise Practise, but make sure you're maintaining the form and accuracy.

Also, practise your snapping (snap, post, wrap) with a opponent... this is what you should be doing, as its what this is more likely the skills you'll required during a game.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Always train for accuracy first and foremost. No point snapping at nothing.

Like Gavin says, slow it right down, and work it up from there. If you are accurate, the speed will come.

Remember to do more with your off hand.

Will isbell

Jul 16, 2013
London, Dagenham
How far do you recon you should have the target away to practice this guys ? im new to all this also and want to learn my snap shooting but what kind of distance should i start at .?

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
start or closer than gradually move your target away ! start at 15 or so foot as if you get that close to someone and you havent shot them already i will give up and play golf ! lol

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
We did some training with Clint Moore a few months back, and snapping was a big part.
Set up behind a bunker (we used a small cake- train in the hardest bunker and the bigger bunkers will feel easy!), and shoot at a cone, or pole, behind another bunker a sensible distance away. Start slow, and try and hit every time, preferably with someone watching and correcting mistakes. 5-10 shots from left, right and above, trying to hit within 5. If someone doesn't hit all three in those shots, punishment lap of the field! Makes it more realistic if there is some pressure on each time. move the target further, or tighter behind the bunker to up the challenge, or lower the number of shots for success. Also try rattling off ten very quick shots each side of the bunker, and then starting to count the shots to simulate being tired/stressed as in a game. Finish with some one on ones to put it in context - only shoot it you see you opponent to ensure they are playing tight.

andreasa83

Oct 12, 2011
Check youtube, when i was learning it i looked at alot of drills etc on youtube. Here you have some examples:

UKpaintballin

Sep 3, 2012
Try to practice with someone if you feel confidant in it but if not just practice the movements at home in front of a mirror befor next time u go out

Will isbell

Jul 16, 2013
London, Dagenham
After a few training sessions i find Snap shooting getting easier and easier, We normally use a small cone on a pole just set behind a bunker at head height and practice trying to hit the top of the cone 1 balling,

After a while, Try some 1v1 ? this adds the pressure of another playing shooting at you, and helping you trying to keep cool and focus on your technique