Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snap shooting Properly-make sure to read

U/\/registered

Jul 14, 2002
South Centreal Wisconsin
Visit site
Snap Shooting

Many players new to this sport may not know how to properly snap shoot. This is probably the single most important move in the sport of paintball. Snap Shooting can save the flag from being hung, eliminate that player in the key bunker, or simply keep you alive. If you feel you do not want to be able to do the previously mentioned materials, read no further. Later I will post "How to use cover" MAke sure to read that, and add that knowlegde to this. A few key components are the following; Play as tight and compact as possible, be unpridictable, be samrt, and think ahead.

Playing as tight and compact as possible means not sticking out, a drop forward is key here. Make sure you have a comfortable gun, that can be easily moved, and short enough barrel(Shocker 2000, why did Smart Parts put a 16" barrel on it! just by looking at it lets you know some situations will be extremely hard to move and shoot) If the bunker allows(big enough), Don't sit/kneel with your chest facing to bunker, sit/kneel so your chest is facing outwards, in the direction you will be coming out of, of course. This helps to prevent "Pinching". Shoot out of the left side of the bunker with your marker in your left hand, and visa verca. The most common postition you will be is this: Shooting out of the right side of the bunker, you should have your left knee up, right knee to the ground, marker in your right hand and your left hand should be grabbing your foregrip, if you dont have kneepads or a forgrip, get them! It'll really help, and in some indoor places with concrete sawdust floors, you can slide really well. On the left side, visa versa. This makes you more compact, plus it allows you to be very mobile(being able to get up quickly and move back in). Remember, chest facing out, line up your sights-like the bunker isnt even there, lean with our upper body, till you can see what you are shooting at, make sure to shoot either immeadiately when you clear, or come out shooting. Sure you look silly hitting your own bunker, but that gives you much more time to react and your "victim" less time. right after you shoot-GET BACK IN! Don't watch where they go, listen. Listen for splats against his/her bunker, or against the ground, listen for his shots, the splats on your bunker, and hopefully "I'm out! I'm out!". Hearing is another key point. Don't rely entirely on your eyes unless you have a completly see through bunker with little car wipers on it. But I have yet to see one of these types of bunkers. Look, Listen, Think rule now. Look at the ground around you, do you see a rain of paint from your enemy, listen for splats against your bunker-and his shots, and think, what can you do, what can the teammate to your right do? Maybe you'll move once he goes back in (you'll figure out when he does this after all splats resolve). but let a back player know what you are doing, tell him to shoot at the guy you were trading shots with's bunker so he thinks your still there. Most likely he'll be stupid and shoot at your bunker if he didn't see you moving (meaning you moved fast enough). So unless he's in a better angled bunker, you should have a shot when he moves out, but now there are more people that may see you. If the idiot guy you were trading shots with doesn't know where you are, and you have the "no one is looking my way" feeling, go up and bunker him. This is the few times you should be running and shooting. Shoot at his right side of the bunker and come around the left. Great, you bunkered him. Remember when you are trading shots-DON'T shoot over the top, if you do, hopefully you have a thumbscrew elbow so you can take your hopper off. A ball in the breach and a few in the feed neck is all you need to shoot. If you didn't bunker the guy, and didn't move, you may need to re-adjust your sites. Dont come out the same side, switch it up, Lower left shot, High left shot, mid right shot, again be unpredictable, if you get into a pattern, he/she will be ready so you should get ready to walk to the dead box. Don't forget about that Lazy back guy, dont take him, or anyone for granted. Remember, most games are 10 or 20 minutes long, Don't try to be Rambo running down the feild shooting your gun-it won't work.
When your trading shots, think ahead, what can your other front player do? Remember, and if you follow this article, you will be on your way to winning!

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
I've never had a problem needing to listen for splates hitting my bunker. But I've never been able to hear my shots hitting their bunker either.

Guess thats just my funny hearing being good at loud noises and not so good at distant noises :D

Tom

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Arrgh..... can't take it...... Master Chop Chop coming on strong.......

"You spellin' BAD!"
"You punctuatin' BAD"
"You capitalizin' AWFUL!"

You gotta believe!