Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

snapping while lay down

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Make sure you can shift yourself quickly, you dont want to be in a position where by the time you manage to move you'll be a different colour :p

I try to avoid lying down personally, down to my knees is as far as I go :D

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Take a look at some videos of Joy and how they do it. In the snake, they are on their knees but leant forward so the elbow from the side they are shooting is rested on the ground. This is used as a pivot for snapping in/out of the bunker.

-Will

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
yea, joy method is the best, and it also means you can snap cross field very quickly if it starts getting hairy. I see alot of people with one leg towards the snake bunker, as it helps stability and you can bump faster.

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
As many have suggested, do not "Lay Down" within the snake, as this hinders mobility and freedom of movement within your bunker/snake.

Say if you wanted to bump up real fast because you see a window to move, you don't want to waste that extra second or so hauling your butt off the ground to get moving, so always, try and stay on at least one if not two feet (within most bunkers in sup-air)

Within a snake, i find the best positions to use are;
- When moving up or within a snake, or bumping into (from a "superman" slide) bring your elbows toward you so they and your forearm rest on the ground, do this while sliding your knees up toward your chest, to form a 90* angle with your back, this is an optimum position to move around a snake in, often called a scurry or crawl.
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5
Example 5 leads me onto snapping within the snake;
Here you can see how the player has adapted the "scurry" position, to snap out and put paint down the tape. from this position, with little effort, he can push his upper-body up, gain grip and move up the snake in a small amount of time.
If you watch snake players from, Naughty Dogs, Joy and Dynasty (some of the best in the world...Oah..and pebble ;)) you'll see that in different situations they adapt themselves and their bodies to their bunker/situation. for instance, you would never see a snake player sit static within his bunker for 20-odd seconds, he is constantly moving around, making a nuisance of himself. moving back in the snake to get a better look at the field ahead to relay to his team-mates, or snapping over the top of his knuckle to eliminate a dangerous player close-by.
I often find when playing a snake, that i like to keep my arms extended, almost constantly looking down the barrel or shooting paint. if playing further back in the snake, i would plant my butt inbetween my ankles and lean back while looking/shooting infield.
If i'm playing close to my knuckle (tight) i would slide my inside leg (closest to the in-field) underneath the bunker for support, and have my tape-side foot just on the edge of vision (from my opponent). i would put most of my weight onto my tape side foot when shooting my tape, then use it to spring me back in when snapping, i find this technique means i can bump my way out of a snake very quickly to move up the field and gain the advantage.

Balloon