Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Snapshooting; skill breakdown

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply & I appreciate your wise words. I'm based in Southampton. We have a decent local woods ball site at Ambush but myself & my 2 son's want to get some experience of sup air. We've been watching some good drill & training vids on YouTube, it's just finding somewhere to go to put this training into practice. I know that places like Bricketwood do training days but from what I can tell this seems to be aimed at already established teams.
Southampton is a bit far from me, I have been to Bricket wood years ago and there was mostly teams BUT individual people do attended and I doubt anyone would say no at playing pick up games with you guys.

Personally as it’s a father and son thing I would suggest calling local sites explaining you want some days to train with your kids and see if they can fit you in somewhere. Not sure the cost or what the terms would be.

If you have looked at videos and done research there is no reason why you and your kids can’t train privately and personally running drills repeatedly with your advice an input would be more beneficial.

Once you all feel confident in the drills and the standard in which you do them. Explore busy sites with the confidence and knowledge you have put in significant work.

Nevertheless I’m going to a walk on, on Sunday at campaign located in Cobham. If your looking for extra people to train with I’m open to that.

Like I said I’m fresh from a 5 year break and I won’t make the error of not covering the basics, and assuming I can walk in to a team or neglect the hard work needed.

Dedication and as much commitment that’s financially possible.

Good luck my friend.
:)

Growler85

Nov 17, 2017
Southampton
Haha kids Charlie! There both in there 20's! I use to play tournament paintball back in the early 90's, but unfortunately due to personal circumstances I had to pack it in. I always meant to get back into it but never did. My boys got into it a year or so ago, got some kit together & started playing regular walk ons. After lots of nagging they finally got me to go along with them to a walk on, & mate the bug has bitten me big (I must be having a mid life crisis! Lol). I'm now the proud owner of a Gtek (in matt black of course....gotta keep it retro, lol) & am loving it. It's now top of my bucket list to play in a tournament again before I go to the knackers yard.

Sorry to waffle on but I thought I would just give you a bit of background to where I'm at.

Thank you for the offer of Cobham but I'm already booked in for a walk on next week mate & thank you for your sound advice, it's given me lots to think on.

We are going up to Holmbush on the 29th to have a look around the UKWM. If your free pop down, it would be good to thank you in person.

Have a cracking day at Cobham & the best of luck in getting yourself into a team.

Cheers Graham.

Reactions: TrappStar