Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sniper?

dannykay

Jan 10, 2016
ok so is it possible to do sniper tactics? As I new player I would think not but am new.. So feed me your views....

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
ok so is it possible to do sniper tactics? As I new player I would think not but am new.. So feed me your views....
Usually people want to be snipers in paintball - and if they are after super accurate long distance shots then they aren't going to get them
Everyone has the same maximum velocity so there is no such thing as longer distance .... (Well actually there is but that's a different thing!*)

You can utilize sniper tactics though - being a sneaky Bugger, getting up close, using skills, practicing ....

You can gain consistency by bore matching, maintaining your gun, practicing and knowing how paintballs react in the air

* there are tricks you can do with backspin with apex, turning down velocity to an optimum point, using first strike (but you can't use first strike on most sites at the moment with a question on legality under the specifics of frangibility)

Dean B

SaD #57
Oct 24, 2013
Chester
search "TheHiddenHedgehog" on Youtube he's got some great videos of him playing at different venues and with different markers most are ones that he's custom made.

Terrorpin

Apr 30, 2008
Agree with Tom.
A snipers main advantages is range and stealth. You wont have any extra range compared to the rest of the field unless you have something like a Flatline barrel but the accuracy and speed drop off doesn't really make it payoff in my opinion.

Use good paint and get a barrel kit for bore adjustments to maximize range.