Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

sniper

FI2eeFL0w

Team Halo
Aug 11, 2001
USA (texas)
well, the thing is, too many people treat paintball like its war...they say i killed that guy,man down, etc.....and it just doesnt make sense......i shoot a free flow, and i jus need one shot......but that doesnt make you a sniper, it makes you a back player with a good long ball....the definition of sniper is a skilled MILITARY shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.....we're talkin bout paintball here, not the marines....

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
"sniper"...

Unlike my other paintballing buddies I do not have a light finger. I use less then 250 balls in an entire day of play. This may be because the people I play against are not very experienced (they have more experience then myself though) and they let me sneak around so I CAN actually "snipe" people (even if that term is politically incorrect). I know I won't ever be able to sneak in to the opposing teams' base again so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I also read on several sites that newbies in general tend not to shoot as much as they should (this may be the case for me, but I tend to favor stealth rather then hope to get lucky). That certainly isn't the case with my other friends though.

The funny thing is that I've been able to "snipe" people even while using a rental pump. I just got a new Spyder and can't wait to see the difference. The balls for my pump curved like crazy (they were some weird brand I hadn't heard of).

I'll enjoy using my stupid newbie tactics and strategies while I can. Now I'm spending my spare time shooting targets in my backyard.

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
harder for me.

Sniping has always been very hard for me to do. One of the toughest things for me is staying still for long periods of time. For instance, on one game I tried a little sniping. I was on the attacking team and our objective was to capture the castle. After looking for what seems like a century, I finally found a pretty good spot. Once I settled down, and got my position perfect, mother nature decided to give me a visit. Sitting still doesn't help one bit, and I really had to go. The thought of running deep into the woods to let it out ran through my mind, but I wouldn't want a stray player to get lost or something and tag me while I am taking a piss. So I sat it out and eventually the feeling went away. It was a long wait. When I finally saw somebody walking in my general direction I took aim and fired about five founds at him, and none of them were close. As soon as the player that I fired at took cover and figured out where I was he started showering me with paintballs. I barely got out of my little foxhole to finish the game. That was the last time I tried snipering. :D