Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sniping

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Why is a pump more accurate than a semi? I would have thought that it would be the other way around. as pumping the marker will move your gun off target. Is it because a pump does not have the rate of fire of a semi so you have to make every shots count?
because of the lack of firepower you have to take your time aiming instead of firing a wall of paint. As long as you have the discipline to aim your shots, a semi would just be as good as a pump.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
ok ok dont hurt the newbie :( , but can you answer a lame question...

with a pump gun wat exactly are you pumping through the gun?
paint? air?
i know they have co2 tanks like other markers, but ive never used one so im kinda confused.

thankyou for helping a friendless simpleton :p

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Originally posted by Billy No Mates
ok ok dont hurt the newbie :( , but can you answer a lame question...

with a pump gun wat exactly are you pumping through the gun?
paint? air?
i know they have co2 tanks like other markers, but ive never used one so im kinda confused.

thankyou for helping a friendless simpleton :p
When you pull back the pump you are doing two things:
1) Cocking the hammer back
2) Letting a ball into the breech

When you push the pump forward you:
1) Push the ball forward and seal the breech

When you pull the trigger you:
1) Let the hammer hit the valve- it let's out the air, shooting out the ball

Check this link:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/paintball-3d-gun.htm

Micah

Pumps are more accurate than semi's because you actually have to aim when you're using a pump rather than just pointing the super-semi in the general direction of the guy you want to shoot. it's also a more stable fireing platform if you're not auto triggering because you don't have the gun cycling to throw off your aim.

there are other things going on too but lets save them for an article, k?

-Micah

-=[SFE]=-Sniper

Jan 15, 2002
New York
Visit site
Yo Micah

Yo I understand the have fun part but in my life i do have fun sniping people. . .
for some strange reason. . . but I still got quesitons and those can be answered
fast in a way: (so whats ur SN , od u have AIM?): and easy, the question i wanna
know is between which is better. . . a Spyder Compact2000 or a Tippman SL 68 II.
I also understand the " Its not the gun its the person" Yes but my friend i trust
keeps saying that the balls wont break out of a Tippman SL 68 II and i dont trust the
Spyder in accuracy and wonder if it can shoot single shot. The spyder is semi-auto
and too me thats like a Single pull of a trigger for a 3 shot burst. And the Tippman
SL 68 II too me is shot then pump but then there is still the fact of weither or
not the ball will break or not. . . i dont want my crawling wasted for a dud.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Ok, maybe the rest hasn't sunk in yet, so I guess I'll tell you that your best odds for silent, better than normal reach with accuracy would be with a Shocker and a 14" CP barrel. That's what I used for a long time and it couldn't be heard at all halfway across the field. Get one of those and try to be as happy as you can be, as it's as close to the mythical "sniping" as can be attained by a paintgun.

Micah

SL-68 II will shoot paintballs just as hard as a spyder.

Onion I don't think he wants to spend that kind of cash.

aol sn is Nopoet02 where the 02 are both numbers

The compact 2000 will be louder, but with a good barrel, good paint and a good match, the accuracy will be good. the SL-68 II will also be accurate with a good paint to barrel match but there are WAY fewer barrels to choose from for it.

I just got an email from 888 paintball, they're selling shocker's for $388.88. Mention the Pulse mailing when calling. So that might be the way to go. Anyone in the states looking to buy a shocker, these are new ne'er been used 'guns. God I sound like I work for them or something.

-Micah

-=[SFE]=-Sniper

Jan 15, 2002
New York
Visit site
Eh?

Well im too lazy to go chek the price of the shocker but i am spendin bout 0-130$. but if its over i dont tihnk i can afford it but for now before my birthday...the 20th of Jan i wanna know wiether YOU'd go with a Spyder or the tippman pump.

Micah

as a first 'gun, I'd say the spyder. It's more upgradeable. And if it ever broke almost every one has spyder parts lying around. It's also nice to beable to shoot your way out of a problem if you have to. It's hell of hard to do that with a pump.

If you do get the spyder, get a regulator. I reccomend the Palmer stableizer. it's adjustable and the best in the world for handling CO2, it's great on nitro too. it will make your shot velocity more consistant and there fore make your 'gun more accurate by sending shots to the same spot over and over.

-Micah