Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So, Brexit???

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
...paying more money on day to day things is worth it to be independent from the EU. Have you spent anytime looking into the Eu, and where it was going, and the plans they had for our future.
Come on then... Specifics please. :)

I voted remain and am staggered at the result. I equally have absolutely no problem with a democratic process that comes up with a result i hadn't expected, didn't want and hope doesn't actually come to fruition... i still respect the process and the people who voted leave's right to make that decision. I just cannot see any positive reason for leaving.

My brother in laws reason for voting leave was to hopefully cause a financial crisis that would reduce house prices so he could buy a house. That may happen but it doesn't look like it at the moment.

My father in law voted leave because he "doesn't like being told what to do".

Neither of these sound like valid, thought out, rational reasons to me.

As i say, i would be interested to hear your specifics. :)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Honestly all I'm hearing is 'Now they can't tell us what to do"
That's outside of the 'immigration vote', which I I've had from some of my mates back home, and I humbly believe to be the dumbest reason ever.
I'm open to being convinced it was a good idea, in fact I'm hoping that happens, because all I see is gloom, and another 10 years of gloom after that. I wouldn't base a voting decision on anything the Brexit guys put out though, eg that video, or those bus ads, because I wouldn't believe it to be the level truth. Same way I don't watch CNN or Fox to understand US politics. Brexit have entered politics and have already broken their campaign promises. How does that make them better than any other political group?

I did look into (google) the EU plans, more so after ICCS posted above, but unless I'm missing something I didn't see anything to worry about. I saw something about a Euro-Army, which I wouldn't be on board with, but I don't think that has any legs whatsoever.
What am I missing?

Reactions: Stan

royanddani

Nov 21, 2005
watford
Visit site
Back in 89 I was paying 15% on my mortgage from 297 to 900 I was only on 13000 a year and we were in the eu I would still vote out ,2007 the bankers f..k us up we were in the eu ,in the end the bankers we'll get there big fat cheques at the end of year
It's shouldn't be all about money you never know what's round the corner

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Back in 89 I was paying 15% on my mortgage from 297 to 900 I was only on 13000 a year and we were in the eu I would still vote out ,2007 the bankers f..k us up we were in the eu ,in the end the bankers we'll get there big fat cheques at the end of year
It's shouldn't be all about money you never know what's round the corner
I'm not sure i see where you're coming from. Bankers have ****ed you over and will continue to get paid cheques whether we're in the EU or not so you voted to leave? Is that what you're saying?

I can't shoot straight

Living Life to the Max! I think :P
Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
Sorry Stan learning about the Eu and there plans is a total waste of your time now. But a few things that made me what to vote out was massive unemployment and Turkey joining the Eu, which David Cameron was pushing thru

And if we stayed in the EU, we could not cap how many people could come into our country, killing off the NHS.

I like this lad,
if you have the time watch a few of his Vids or a lad called (Sargon of Akkad) on youtube.

Last edited:

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Thanks for those images. So, why does youth unemployment mean you want to leave the EU?
Do you think that leaving the EU means we will cap the amount of people coming into the UK?
Do you think the NHS is struggling because of EU migrants?

I can't shoot straight

Living Life to the Max! I think :P
Mar 14, 2005
Darlington
We can cap the amount of Eu citizens that will be able to come into our country. We will still get the illegal immigrants, but we can make our own laws to send them back sooner. And kick out people like this scum http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3467569/Judge-lets-Romanian-rapist-Britain-break-EU-law-deport-home-country.html

Only time will tell how everything will end up, but I think Britain can make it work.

Anyway if you really want the answers go look them up, I'm dyslexic and have a hard time getting my thoughts across without talking face to face. Or if we are ever playing a walkon, big game or touni I would love a sit down and chat. :)

Last edited:

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
We can cap the amount of Eu citizens that will be able to come into our country.
But not if we want to continue to be part of the common market. Which makes up 50% of our exports. The leaders of the European countries that make up the EU have already said that for the UK to stay in the common market we would have to sign up to the free movement of people... with no cap. And by leaving the EU we would have less say in that and less power to negotiate.

Aren't you more worried about the 5million non EU migrants here than the 3million from the EU? What about the 2million Brits living and working in the EU? Looking across all EU migrants (yes there are some who should not be here and should be deported) on average EU migrants are less likely to claim benefits than a UK national and contribute more to the economy (£2.54bn more in tax than they claimed in benefits last year).

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
EU project/federation was nothing more than a Truman/General Marshal plan to stop the spread of communism after ww2, and being hell-bent on encouraging mass migration from 3rd world countries just shows their (EU) determination to follow 'The kalergi plan' - tin foil anyone?? Or facts?