Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

So, Brexit???

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by Dusty, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    I'm over 25 and voted remain, so just have to live with the outcome
    Tough ****, I'm in a democracy

2. gum80 F#@$!#G Love You Gumbo

gum80
    Message Count:
    When you consider the Out's won by over 1 million votes

3. H Wizard, of sorts...

H
    Message Count:
    My thoughts? **** this place, any room for me and my good lady in Ontario @Missy-Q?

Stan likes this.
  4. Stan Platinum Member

Stan
    Message Count:
    Amen to your last sentence.

Where is your quote from? I was looking at HMRC data not ONS data. I'm sure you will say that the same sentiment can be applied. ;)

As you say, no point anyone getting worked up right now. The repercussions will not be felt properly for a few years at least. I'm simply interested in why people voted out as a few of the arguments the leave campaign used to gather support now appear to have been junked. (Money to the NHS, free movement of people, etc)

Dusty likes this.
  5. gum80 F#@$!#G Love You Gumbo

gum80
    Message Count:
    I am impressed with how the politicians that led the Leave campaign have dwindled. Did they expect this result or are they shocked and now cacking their pants with the outcome???????

Stan likes this.
  6. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    I never said whether I voted in or out though ;)

NI gets a lot of money from the EU, equally I know farmers can at times be strangled by regulations so it's all a big balancing act.
    We aren't massively affected by immigration, although it is a lot more noticeable these days in certain areas.
    Our issue is whether westminister will see us as another excessive cost to get shot of in a few years time. Population 1.75 million will hardly be missed......

What I think will happen, and it's only MY thoughts, it'll be like the UK is an EU Lite member. A few restrictions which we won't be affected by anyway, a lot of the same privileges as we had before. For all their posturing, the EU is worried about its currency and further referendums, it's not good for them to lose a member state so they'll have to be seen to act big while the dealing will be done behind closed doors.

Sid Sidgwick and Stan like this.
  7. gum80 F#@$!#G Love You Gumbo

gum80
    Message Count:
    Dusty,

I wasn't trying to say you had voted out, i merely expressed my opinion on the out campaign leaders.

I do think you a right though, they are worried. The EU will now do their best to make an example of GB to try and prevent anyone else from leaving.

8. Dusty Don't run, you'll only die tired....

Dusty
    Message Count:
    Don't worry, wasn't referring to your post :)

Stan likes this.
  9. gum80 F#@$!#G Love You Gumbo

gum80
    Message Count:
    Ah lol

10. smudgerebt Rockin The M2, R2, Fuel, Exalt

smudgerebt
    Message Count:
    Nothing will change.

The pound will still be worth more than the Dollar and the Euro.

We will be given deals as no Country can afford to not deal with us. (look how many German cars are on the road for instance).

Brussels will bluster as they dont want Spain etc to leave (and Brussels cant let Scotland join as that would open up Spain to becoming 2 Countries, and how many others would do same? Could cyprus for instance become its own country and get rid of the Greeks and Turks? How would that work?)

Yes it will take some working out, but thats the choice of the majority and the minority should just lump it and stop whinging about democracy and actually do as much as they can to help make this country Great rather than run it down because they lost.

#GrowAPair

(am on co-codamol so might come back to edit this later haha)