Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So I built a gun rack....

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Finally ran out of space in the paintball 'cupboard o doom' and half-jokingly suggested to my wife that I could stick all my guns up on the wall in the office. I was a bit surprised when she shrugged and said 'fine with me'. Hmmm, it's a trap? ;)

Anyway, time to decide how to build it. First idea is to use pegboard. Ideal if you have lots of guns coming and going, as you can move the hangers around as needed. On the other hand it's difficult to get hold of these days and, most importantly, you have to use battens to keep it away from the wall, leaving a gap behind it.... and we know what likes to live in gaps don't we?

Allow me to illustrate the issue:

Ok, so pegboard is out. I decide to go with a good old slab of MDF and some brackety hook things. One trip (and a cardiac arrest at seeing the cost of MDF later), I have furnished myself with a sheet of 1220x610x18mm MDF, om nom nom.

Would be nice to use the whole bit, but when offering it up it dominates the room a bit too much - so I'll interleave my guns and chop a chunk off. Time to work out how I'm going to lay the guns out:

Layout decided it's time for the MDF to meet Mr Jigsaw, rrrrrrrrrr:

I normally chop wood with the finesse of a drunken epileptic, but manage a half decent job this time round, hurrah. Time to drill clearance holes for the mounting screws, I go 50mm in from each edge:

.....and countersink:

To prime or not to prime, I dunno. Decide on primer to be safe and slap on some of B&Q's cheapest, bosh.

Reactions: NSKlad

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Time to think about brackety hook things. Couldn't find anything perfect for the job, so decided to DIY my own. Start with 8 x 65mm Corner Braces:

Slap them in the vice and add an extra bend to stop things slipping off:

Bend them all in the same place and more by luck than judgement they all turn out pretty similar, yay!

Mmmm, zinc plated steel looks a bit scratchy and I like my anodising to remain unsullied, so add some 13mm heatshrink.

Cut to length then slide over the brackety hook things with a bit of water and washing up liquid to ease the way, then under the hair dryer they go (does anyone know where I left my heat gun?)

Any normal person would have purchased enough heatshrink for all 8 brackets, sadly I'm an idiot so it only stretches to 7. Ah well Maplin visit again tomorrow.

Meanwhile, unseen, I've been busy slapping coats of cheapo B&Q emulsion on the primed MDF. It's all dried nicely so time to lay the guns out again and start fitting the brackets. Lots of measuring to make sure I don't have wonky guns at the end of it.

Four holes in the wall, four rawl plugs, four screws, some swearing and voila the rack is complete!

Quite chuffed, although not sure the 'Cappucino' paint goes with the room decor ;)

Last edited:

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Looks great! The Colour is also good if u ask me. The marker on the top left, wich one is it? since i don't know much about pumps, is it on co2?
Thanks. It's a CCI Phantom VSC (vertical stock class), it runs on 12g CO2 sparklets and feeds paint from the horizontal 12 round tube parallel to the body.