Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

So i have been out of the game...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Queries' started by platoongod, Nov 30, 2016.

1. platoongod Platinum Member

platoongod
    Message Count:
    Hi Everyone...

So it has been a while since i posted on here, and its been even longer since i played! 2012 was the last time i was at CPPS, but thanks to an improvement in my health problems (which stopped me from played) i can look into starting again.
    Have i missed much ? is CPPS still the hub of uk paintball ? and what is the standard which regards to game rules now ? is it still 10bps ?

Many questions right here, i guess what i want to know is....has much changed ?

2. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    Well definitely the CPPS is the Hub of the UK and has gotten bigger over the Years also has a complete Turf field which is great
    FPS is still 10.5
    Refs are stricter (which is good)
    There is now a joint collaboration from the NXL and millennium series called the WPBO which the NXL don't follow strangely enough
    the big central M is now a pain staking W which completely changes how paintball is played
    Oh and the format has changed for millennium so CPPS follow suit M500 which means each player has one full loader and 2 pods on his back
    there was a lot of complaints at the beginning (I was one of them) but after a year of playing it its actually very good, it basically stops the massive lane shooting from happening and delaying the point for minutes at a time
    it was originally started to save on paint, but they changed the Race2 format to 4 clear points mercy rule which basically brought the paint consummation back up as you are playing more points.

Care_Bears likes this.
  3. platoongod Platinum Member

platoongod
    Message Count:
    This is exactly the kind of post i hoped to get, thanks for the information....1 full hopper and 2 pods hey.......wow i would need to change how i used to play, i do like the idea behind it though.
    Still though even with playing more rounds, i imagine the consumption is a fraction of what it used to be ?
    Thanks for the reply Stoney, glad to see you are still knocking about the forums :)

4. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    No not really for example in 2015 we was using roughly 33 boxes per event in 2016 we are using roughly 28 boxes

I know its less but not a great amount of saving, because of the limited paint points are now quicker which means you play more

we actually played a team in millennium called Jo bar in 2016 and beat them 8-3 if it had been 2015 we would have won 4-3, it seems like lots of matches this year have gone this way

Oh Millennium are apparently adding a 5th event in 2018 despite what the majority have voted for.

5. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    I practiced against Jo Bar in Marseille last year before Puget, good guys. All crazy young.

I talked to Sarge after Barcelona, and he said their paint bill was cut by 65+%. (I have no idea his deal with GI though). He said they were using something insane like 25-28 cases per game (7 points) in the NXL. In Mills it went down to like 8-9 a game (7 points).

That's a big savings.

Now I also had a long talk with Dave Painter from 187 in Chantilly. As someone who owns a team and owns a tournament series that's site paint only. He has to make up the cost difference some other way. He does 1 day events, and his paint profit is cut in half. He's selling 50% less paint. So how does he effectively make that up in other ways, without putting too much of that cost back on the player.

6. platoongod Platinum Member

platoongod
    Message Count:
    8-3 From what would have been 4-3......ok i see your point, thats quite a difference....still....more playing time right :)