Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So, I'm begging for money again......

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Wee update, running total is now £1150 after posting out the raffle prizes.

I've been a bit slow this past few weeks getting on top of things as I was teaching three nights a week for a grading. Happy to say we entered 22 students who all passed.

Some of them are now a third of the way to black belt and I'm a third of the way to a full head of grey hair....

Reactions: alexd and Schmickle

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Well, I'm pleased to say the mats have arrived and thanks to you lot we'll be using them from next week onwards. I will post some pics here and on the facebook page once I've got them laid out!!

thank you again to everyone who donated and bought raffle tickets, you guys are awesome!!

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

IMG_6998.JPG

A massive thank you to absolutely everyone who made this possible.Kids were amazed and enthused as were the parents. I hadn't actually told the kids so it was a double surprise when they arrived at class :)

I can't emphasise how much these mats mean to us all.

Last edited:

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
Shows what the price of a pizza & a pint of beer can do when given to a worthy cause!

You spent that money better than I would have!

Brings back memories for me as I trained & sparred on hard wood floors. Never made it past red tag though, packed it in as a teen to play rugby instead.

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Shows what the price of a pizza & a pint of beer can do when given to a worthy cause!

You spent that money better than I would have!

Brings back memories for me as I trained & sparred on hard wood floors. Never made it past red tag though, packed it in as a teen to play rugby instead.
So did I but I'm sure you were the same as me in that the attitude to training was different and more punishing too.

Red tag is only three off your black belt, you should consider going back and finishing off :)

Having the mats makes so much of a difference though, the kids can fall or be knocked over and not get hurt, it keeps the cold from the floor at bay and as you can see they can now sit on a clean floor and stretch properly. It takes me about an extra 45 minutes to set up myself and twenty minutes to put away with the help of the adult class.

Reactions: Spikerz

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
So did I but I'm sure you were the same as me in that the attitude to training was different and more punishing too.

Red tag is only three off your black belt, you should consider going back and finishing off :)

Having the mats makes so much of a difference though, the kids can fall or be knocked over and not get hurt, it keeps the cold from the floor at bay and as you can see they can now sit on a clean floor and stretch properly. It takes me about an extra 45 minutes to set up myself and twenty minutes to put away with the help of the adult class.
Yeah I was taught by a pupil of Ron Sergiew, you practiced till you got it right! I was training with the adults even as a youngster.

I should go back and finish up! Been 10 years now though, think I will have to go back to the beginning again if I do go back.

The mats make it that bit more comfy and improve confidence while training & learning. The cold can stiffen you up especially when trying to stretch. Good work out for you when setting up and putting away too ;)