Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So tell me when did you realize you were hooked and had become a paintballer?

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
Hooked!!

I played a couple of "punter" days at a local site. Got talking to the marshalls, who told me that they played "tournys".
Went along and had a go with them at a training day. Decided i liked it, bought a second hand automag.And started to play in Bullys tournys.(they were all woods at that time!)

But i became hooked when for the first time, my team "clicked" went into the "zone" and "dominated" the game. Taking players out very quickly, getting the flag in under 3 min's.
Theres nothing like it! when your team just rocks..and nothing stands in your way...feels like a steam roller...
Dosnt always happen, and if you have a bad game/tourny thats what keeps me playing....looking for my next fix.

Just let me play.......

Eddy - The Troggs

Apr 13, 2003
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
It All started about 14 months ago on a cold mornig at the Marchweil site, Wrexham. I went with my Dad to watch. I watched a few games and then asked if i could have a go so i did. It was very fun. Since then i have had 3 guns and have played in 4 tourneys and now play for The Troggs and The Troggs YG

Eddy:) :p

Suicide1534

May 7, 2003
hmmm....I was probably hooked the first time I played. First time I was using a pump-action gun with a whole bunch o' me friends. Before i went, i looked at paintball stuff and learned as much as i could about it, and then when i actually went, it was kickass man! Nothing bad happened and the refs were cool people. Sooo...yeah.

Paddle_Pop

May 21, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
hooked...

before i went to go play for my first time with all my friends, i learned as much possible. then the next day went and played at the some what local speedball couse (which is now out of bussness :( ) ever since iv been hooked:D

stormcrow23

Apr 15, 2003
Florida
Visit site
Hooked

I started checking out paintball sites online and decided I wanted a paintball pack for christmas. Surprisingly my wife thought it was a good idea, as I used to spend too much time playing Mechwarrior 3 and 4 online. So I got my Rebel02 and started upgrading it immediately from the barrel to the bolt, I even bought an Evlution II hopper. A month later I played my first game at a local field here in central Florida. My first match was hyperball. The other team had a back player that was picking off our players 1 by 1. Apparently he decided to ignore me cuz it was obvious I was a noob. So I crawled along the "snake" along the left tape until I was near the other side. When I heard him shooting again I popped up shot at him left handed and tagged him right in the ear. Probably a lucky shot but ever since then I have played about once a month. I guess 33 yrs is kinda old to be a noob but I don't care, your never to old to have fun.:cool:

Dan_UK

May 13, 2003
U.K
Visit site
I got hooked the very first time i went which was about 1 and a half years ok..since then ive been about 35 times so i guess im still a n00b..

Last year i bought a Spyder Xtra and i been playing at Mayhem,Essex lately.. but ever since that 1st time its been great.. im now looking to find a tournament to enter.. with my team.. but i cant find any near me :(

Pertorian

May 22, 2003
London
www.pertorian.co.uk
I was hooked when I played with a group of college mates. I had seen my mates guns before but didn't really think it was all that fun untill I had a go. I only played 5 short games on speed ball and woodland fields but after the first game on a speed ball field I couldn't get enough of it. Now i want to work as a marshall and join a team...Any Offers? :cool:

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
i got hooked years before i even played the first time when reading an old PGI (the 91 mayhem masters issue) for a thousand times. then when i played my first game (running 5 seconds through a wood, slammed on my belly, layed there for 1 minute under heavy fire, got shot on the back, went off the field, found out the ball bounced, WAS HOOKED 4 LIFE!).