Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So you've just got shot...

-Pikachu-

xlii
Jul 17, 2001
:)

Yeah, I do think there should be some kind of training course for marshals to take - I've heard of the idea in the UK but not seen it in practice.

Stamp out cheating

loginnut

Aug 3, 2001
Visit site
Cheating has happened in all sports however given coverage and have to love instant replay. As more people record games with these handy digital videos stream the ******* on the internet. Image is important to sponsors more then anything. Do you think WDP, Airgun Designs, and others like their products associated with cheating. When accusations are made on the internet hardly do I listen besides most are baseless and paramount to slander in most cases. However seeing is believing and I do not look forward to seeing highlights of the capture of cheaters. Cheat all you want you only need to be caught once and thats it. Then comes problems how do you prove that video is real. I can have a friend edit videos showing players doing things they have not . Could you see problems proving that video is false when the damage is done.

Do I think rules governing wiping need to be stricter yes, how so, unsure the penalties severity governs whether or not it is worth cheating. Will we ever truly be satisfied, probably not we are going to make mistakes, marshalls can't be everywhere but we have to try our best.

In regards to Rob's question off the field as fast as possible have never felt the need to cheat. If your hit more then likely your position isn't that great to begin with.

What would you rather have the Sportsmanship Award or First Place?

QuikSilver

What makes you think that they give a **** whether or not their ONE of many teams is caught cheating? If a team cheats, it's not going to be blamed on the company sponsoring them. Duh. When they are told to cheat, they are not told "When you get hit, wipe it right off and go." They are told how to cheat, what techniques, and to only do it when they think they will not be seen doing it.

It is a fact that the bigger companies tell their main teams to do this. It's not like the owner or president of the company goes to their practices and tells them to cheat, but someone that has the job to do so DOES.

I don't like it and would not follow what they say. But some teams do and others do not.

That's how it is.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Quick mate, you've gone all conspiracy theory.

That really is a load of old bollox, no offence like.

What benefits does a company get from sponsoring a team anyway? What percentage of the paintball playing public gives a toss what gun Robbo's using - or for that matter who Robbo is (christ that's done it now).

Does Diablo make a living on paint sales to tourney players, or to the casual, recball call em what you will? Unfortunately, tourney players think they 'are' paintball, when most of the time they're the only thing holding it back.

Just an opinion donchaknow.

Warren

Aug 13, 2001
Wipe it.

For the first one I would pick B, or maybe go and bunker someone before a ref could get to me.

For the second question I would wipe it, or try and bury it as I slid into a bunker.

I wipe mad hits, I once wiped 9 goggle hits in one game.

Warren

(If you can't tell that this is a joke, tell your parents that I feel embarassed for you.)

QuikSilver

Originally posted by rancid
Quick mate, you've gone all conspiracy theory.

That really is a load of old bollox, no offence like.

What benefits does a company get from sponsoring a team anyway? What percentage of the paintball playing public gives a toss what gun Robbo's using - or for that matter who Robbo is (christ that's done it now).

Does Diablo make a living on paint sales to tourney players, or to the casual, recball call em what you will? Unfortunately, tourney players think they 'are' paintball, when most of the time they're the only thing holding it back.

Just an opinion donchaknow.
Ok, I'm wrong you're right. The world is perfect. No one ever cheats, yet we see them so very often. They all must be tricks being played on our eyes.

Now just go back to your world of pink bunnies and purple clouds.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
I wonder if it would be reasonable to encourage fair play by making the sportsmanship award as large or greater than the first place prize, or at least make it equally attractive. That way it wouldn't be a very hard decision for even the most morally bankrupt as to whether to play by the rules or not. Note that's "by the rules." "Fair" means equal abidement by the rules; either everyone following the rules or everyone not. I play cleanly out of sportsmanship considerations (sometimes dialogue from me on and off the field isn't something you'd say to the Queen at lunch, but hey, nobody's perfect :rolleyes: ), so the reason someone cheating is unfair in the literal sense is that such is taking advantage of a course of action not available to myself and most others. Thus logically someone taking advantage of other players' clean reputation and conscience is being a total *******.

FI2eeFL0w

Team Halo
Aug 11, 2001
USA (texas)
i myseld would choose A, simply because whenever i do get hit, i always try to think of myself as though im the other person that shot me. if i shot someone, and i know that they wiped, i get very pissed off...it has happened to me many a time, because some lazy ref doesnt even feel like checking...i HAVE been tempted to do B (NOTE: tempted) but i never do, because i know i could get a huge penalty on my team, and then just have people remembering me as a cheater.....wouldnt you rather wanna be remembered as the guy that took out 4 people while charging up the field, eventually get shot, and just call yourself out...people like people that dont cheat...