Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

So you've just got shot...

Paintballfreak

Sep 23, 2001
Toledo Ohio
Visit site
I always go for A. For moral reasons and if the ref caught you wiping.....that puts a smudge on your image as a "fair" player. I would not wanna be a known wiper. And i would look down upon teammates that i have found do wipe and if i was team captain i would cut them.... Or if they plead their case and promise to follows rules i might MIGHT give 'em a second chance. As you can tell i hate cheating.

Pimp-daddy

Oct 11, 2001
Hull
Visit site
Cheaters should have they're nuts removed

If your'e going to cheat there's no ****ing point anyone playing. Everyone might as well just stand in a circle and shoot each other, its the same thing.

:mad:

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
I think I may be too honest. There have been a couple of times that I have walked only to find that the ball didnt break on me.
Daft or what??

Cheating is prolific in rec games where I suppose people think that they have spent good money to be there and dont want to walk after only a few minutes into the game. The last site I went to only had one marshal on the field so calling for a paint check was out of the question. It can be infuriating when you make your move, take out a few of the opposition then find that none of them want to call them selves out, even going as far as to to blatantly wipe. This will never stop on rec games I think.
As long as I know that I didnt cheat I am not too bothered if others are not as honest. I play to have fun. Oh and I also shoot the sh*t out of anyone who I know is cheating. After a few close up shots to the head or genitals tend to make anyone wanna walk

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
its all well and good saying what we wolud likt to do..........but i never get hit so dont matter...........lol

like everybody, play for A BUT!!!

and this is my point, if you are running to mug somebody and you feel a hit how do you know it broke????

on the latest planet walk on i did the right thing and walked off right away when i flet a hit on the top of my (lucky) hat. But true to the luck of the hat neither time it broke, so i was out for nothing. Next time im going to call for a paint check.

And stay in the game if im not hit.

Chris[SAD YG]

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
How about...........

E) Feel the hit, get up and stagger from your bunker into the field clutching your chest. Drop your marker and put that hand on your throat, and scream the most blood churning scream you can, and fall to the floor backwards, trying to bust your pots open, to give the "added carnage" effect of paint everywhere. Refs run over, game stops, and you just get up and run off giggling while everyone wonders what happened.

Huh? sound familiar?

Alien, dont you be laughin, this is probably gonna happen to you soon, with you bein so old. Without the running off, obviously.

L8r all
Cooks

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Ok, how about, you're leaning out the side of a bunker, snap shooting, when you feel a ball hit say, your shoulder. You don't know if it broke or not. Do you:

A: Go straight back into cover and check.

B: Finish snapping at people, check when you're next in a safe spot.

C: Ignore it - its up to the marshall to check hits you can't see.

Tom

Originally posted by P8ntball2k
and this is my point, if you are running to mug somebody and you feel a hit how do you know it broke????

Chris[SAD YG]
Remeber, the marshals aren't there to spot cheaters, they are there to tell you when you're hit! If you are going in for a mugging and get hit and dont know it burst (like it isn't oozing down your goggles, you mug him, and wait to see what the marshal says.

Suprisingly enough, I think cheating sucks! Our team only has a couple of trophies, one of which is a fair play award, the one I am most proud of certainly (but then again we don't win much else!).

As to Acidd_UK's scenario, I'd probably loose a couple of balls to keep people's heads down and pop in for a look, coz if I've been hit, break or nay, then you can be hit, so duck in and come out somewhere else, where they don't expect you!

If your still not sure, call for a marshal.

As ever why bother cheating? If your the best, prove it, if your not, then you suck go practice some more! (I suck and don't have enough time to practice that's my excuse and I'm, sticking to it!)

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
I think mugging is where the line gets blurred a bit and this is probabily where the 50 50 decisions are. Was he hit on the way in, or hit after by the mugged player, or maybe even one of the mugged players teammates! It gets very hard to judge especially when played fast. In the first scenario I would always choose option A. Maybe run off the field as fast as possible and try not to let the opposition know that I have been eliminated, its not cheating is it?

In the second scenario, if there is a marshal "on me" as per usual as I play on the tape, I play on as they always pull me when I have been eliminated. If the marshals are not "on me" or are maybe stood near, but not looking at me I would pop back in and check myself. If a marshall comes over I would identify where I think I have been hit, and also where the opposition think they have hit me. I do this because the quicker the marshall has checked me, the quicker I can get back into the game. It also helps the marshals with their job, as I know they have the toughest job on the field.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
is it just me? i seem to know when a ball has bounced and not broken. Anyone else have this ability? Anyway, I would probably duck back in and check, but i would still probably know if it had broken or not.

L8r
Cooks