Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Social Paintball

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
Is anyone else getting annoyed about how many stories they release way too early, without knowing any of the facts? It's ok to release them as rumours, but social paintball are releasing it as news (Valken Paint at PSP, PSP dates that were wrong, etc).
I'm ALL for creating a media network for paintball-obviously i want the sport to grow as much as the next 'baller, but we are gaining bad reputations as it is, without the help of lying journalists.

Thoughts?

kaoz69

Jun 21, 2012
london
I heard that's part of the reason they are now banned from nppl events for releasing unconfirmed dates early and without permission

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
yeah i heard that too. But it just really annoys me. I mean, i know that sometimes mass media get things wrong and have skewed views/stories-we can see that now with all the gun control stories coming out. also, i know freedom of press and speech, but its annoying that they are ruining paintball-they're destroying our reputations and losing respect.

Sanchez

Aug 22, 2011
Social Paintball are the shizz imo, i have not seen anything they have released, to be false or a rumour.

Valken paint is banned at PSP because they are a main sponsor of NPPL, well thats the way it came across to me.

And all the dates are correct, the word is, they purposely dated one of the PSP Competitions the same as the NPPL, so to make teams choose between PSP and NPPL, my guess is NPPL will be a failure when the two are on the same weekend.

kaoz69

Jun 21, 2012
london
Yeah but it's a little sad that they are going up against each other rather than trying to support each other in some way, Imo a large part of this sport is making friends and forming teams that all support each other its a shame that doesn't seem to happen in the upper levels

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Disagree in it being a bad thing about them going up against each other. The only way it will ever truly be recognised is if we have one consistent rule book. 7man is dead, lets just all get over it and move on.

People do everything to win, just like in any other sport.

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
Well to me, they released information saying that Valken was going to be an official paint sponsor at the PSP and then came back and changed it (the reason you said might be correct) and said that they're not going to be.
And idk if they'd date them at the same time..competition would be too much.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
It's my fault. Social saw my "Rumour Mill" stuff, gave me a job, and I posted the wrong info.

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
I don't really care, this is a pointless thread IMO. It's media? Always going to be true / false. Same as everything else.
Close this thread.

Sent from Dexter's IPhone

Reactions: Talfryn