Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Some real world firing observations.

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Al, great feedback there and really glad to here .50 is taking off at YPC. Your feedback pretty much confirms my observations in that the paint is good and the markers work fine and that it is ideal for smaller kids. We have a tiny air bottle we have been running the .50cal on and we get 200 shots from it and it massively reduces the weight and takes seconds to fill. With a hopper holding 350 balls rental customers do not need pod packs and as you said it leaves fewer marks and hurts less so the parents are less concerned.
At 270fps the .50 would have way less range than a .68 but it makes no difference in .50cal games only for rental players. Sounds like a really successful experiment and one we will probably copy in the near future.
Just out of interest have the hoppers been improved as then ones i saw origionally were not robust enough to survive the rough and tumble of rental play.
The hoppers we got are again from Spyder and we've had no problems other than the kids not closing the lids properly, even though they get shown how to close their lids in the gun demonstration? but then kids are kids! One problem I've found with the markers is with some of the feed necks. As they are all new and the same with the hoppers it can be a tight fit and taking the hoppers off can some times result in the un-screwing of said feed neck, So I'd recommend that if any one does buy the opus's they check the necks and if needs be remove them and locktight them back on for added strength. But we've had no damaged .50cal hoppers (yet :rolleyes:)

Cheers,

Al